Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I believe so little I read in the news these days, as it is all smoke and mirrors. For example on the day that the high court ruled that Cummings and Gove had acted criminally in the awarding of contracts to close friends, the news was full of the conveniently leaked affair of fall guy Hancock.

Here is an article that demonstrates the influence of the “free press”. Death of democracy perhaps?

Listen to a reading of this article: Two different media watchdog outlets, Media Lens and Fairness & Accuracy In...

• Like 3

Odd priorities worrying about a Labour MP ramblings when this is our actual Prime Minister addressing some of the most important people in the world 

The Prime Minister proclaimed the G7 summit open by declaring he'd be 'building back fairer and building back more equal and...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stere said:

Im sure he will find some well paid jobs earning millions for a few hrs work each month consulting for  some shadowy bond villian style org/ think tank. /data harvesting /AI type org thing etc.

Seems to be the way of things.

Like TOs after they’ve suckled their fill at the teat of public sector CIPD 😂

2 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Odd priorities worrying about a Labour MP ramblings when this is our actual Prime Minister addressing some of the most important people in the world 

The Prime Minister proclaimed the G7 summit open by declaring he'd be 'building back fairer and building back more equal and...

Not worrying about it, just relieved we ended up with less bumbling idiot than that which may have been....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Not worrying about it, just relieved we ended up with less bumbling idiot than that which may have been....

Hard to say which would have been worse. Both options were awful 

The big question is what next!

There is a huge hole in the middle ground of UK politics that desperately needs filling. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Woodworks said:

The big question is what next!

There is a huge hole in the middle ground of UK politics that desperately needs filling. 

Cometh the hour, cometh the man (or woman) one hopes.

If you remember the 1980s with Thatcher through to Major in the 1990s the government was very tired and stale and what was needed was a breath of fresh air. I don't remember even having heard of Tony Blair much before the election and, if you focus on the first term only, Labour brought that. The second term is best not discussed.

The coalition government also had some good ideas and showed that it could work in principle. Compromising on tuition fees was what did for the Lib Dems but that first term again was, in my opinion, a success.

This government has become a mess. My guess is that Keir Starmer will go quietly in a couple of years, probably to a sensible shadow ministerial role (he would make a good Home Secretary given that he actually understands the issues within the justice system) and if that happens I think there is a good chance that someone we haven't really heard of may come to the fore. There are a couple of contenders who dropped into the background during the Corbyn era and didn't care to make their move at the start of a parliament.

It would be good to see the Conservatives go back into opposition for a term to sort themselves out and quietly deal with the cronyism which is currently rife. I haven't tested this statement, but it is my strong impression that there are significantly more people from wealthy public school backgrounds in the Cabinet now than there were in the 1980s which is hardly a positive step in having a government which is representative of the people.

Alec

• Like 3

On 19/06/2021 at 20:52, sime42 said:

Here's some food for thought;-

" Like “politically correct” before it, the word “woke” has come to connote the opposite of what it means. Technically, going by the Merriam-Webster dictionary’s definition, woke means “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”, but today we are more likely to see it being used as a stick with which to beat people who aspire to such values, often wielded by those who don’t recognise how un-woke they are, or are proud of the fact."

I was intrigued by this term WOKE that people keep using so I looked it up.

On 19/06/2021 at 22:30, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Been posted before....

Its bollocks. 

“Woke” is a term applied to virtue signalling wankers that think any perception of a “supposedly” hard done by minority deserves greater privilege and exception than the majority. 

Current examples - obviously - include positive discrimination in favour of certain ethnic groups, overt anti Semitism (which, oddly, coincides with false anti racism narratives), terms like ‘chest feeding’ rather than breast feeding, attempts to change school language from boys and girls to ‘learners’ and so the list continues. 

It’s been an insidious but relentless campaign of gradually eroding what most (sane) people consider the very foundations of a decent society. 

If the loony left head bangers and the white privileged, guilt ridden liberals keep going down the “woke” path they will either wither into social, political and economic insignificance (as appears to be playing out in front of our very eyes), or they will achieve their ultimate aim and reduce this country to a similar sort of 3rd world caliphate shite hole as so many others around the world. 

Here's some food for thought....  😂

Happened across this earlier and it reminded me of these earlier posts.  He's got a way with words 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1