Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Too bloody right! If all the retards supporting BLM in the cities can congregate in their thousands arse to elbows 'protesting' and do not face dispersal or repercussions then families can sit in the bloody sun on the beach. 

Or from the alternative point of view ...

If all the "retards" take their families to the beach, congregating in their thousands, arse to elbows "sunbathing" and do not face dispersal or repercussions then people fighting for a cause that needs fighting for can protest in the towns and cities around the world!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If all the "retards" take their families to the beach, congregating in their thousands, arse to elbows "sunbathing" and do not face dispersal or repercussions then people fighting for a cause that needs fighting for can protest in the towns and cities around the world!

Well, that’s certainly an “alternative “ point of view.

Sunbathing with your family or friends. Not disrupting anyone or anything, everyone present enjoying themselves and happy in the knowledge that they themselves are responsible if they catch C-19.

Or a bunch of disgusting animals “protesting” for a cause that has little to no relevance in the U.K. Opportunistic scum using what’s happening in the US as a chance to destroy, damage, hurt people and animals and steal what they can. Dragging law abiding Police and Ambulance services into a maelstrom of misguided and thoughtless hate where they are being attacked for no good reason and having a vastly increased chance of unwillingly catching C-19 thrust upon them.

Yes, you point of view is certainly alternative and you can take it and stick it up your arse. I’d end this by saying all lives matter but the reality is through their disgusting actions I’m starting to doubt that.
  • Like 5

I can't say that your response surprises me, but the venom of it does, directed towards an opinion that is different to yours is pretty extreme to put it mildly. Do you not think that those attended did so "in the knowledge that they themselves are responsible if they catch C-19." 

If you seriously believe that this cause has no relevance in the UK, there are a lot of people who strongly disagree with you, many having been subjected to or witnessed the reasons for these protests. 

You should probably read this statement below, not that I think it'll make much difference to your opinion but maybe your newsfeeds don't include this type of opinion normally?!

"As a doctor who has worked in covid wards for the last 3 months - I support these protests and the BLM movement wholeheartedly. Anyone who works for the NHS should do the same. I am sick to death of people who don’t even work for the NHS using us as a reason to disagree with the protest. No. Don’t you dare. “Think of the NHS workers” is not your get out of jail free card to express your deep rooted racism.

And yes, protesting and mass gatherings are not ideal during a pandemic. But this cannot wait. It has already gone on long enough.

The racism, hardships and countless deaths that black people have faced have gone on far longer than covid - and if you are using the virus as an excuse to rebuke the protesters and the BLM movement, you are part of the problem.

Black people are 4 times more likely to die from covid. They know this. You know this. Yet they are still willing to risk their lives and go out and protest. Have you even bothered to think about why? It is because they know that racism is far more deadly than covid. And it’s about time you realised the same.

Where was your outrage when people were flocking to beaches to tan? Where was your outrage when people had VE Day parties and didn’t social distance? No one will blame these events for a second wave - which was already coming before this protest. These protesters wore face masks and social distanced the best they could but that is not enough. Some of you would rather see them stay at home. Some of you have forgotten your outrage at the murder of George Floyd already and have now focused your outrage on black people again. And you don’t even see that as a problem. This is how deep rooted your (and my) privilege is. And it needs to stop now."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Youngstu said:

I can't say that your response surprises me, but the venom of it does, directed towards an opinion that is different to yours is pretty extreme to put it mildly. Do you not think that those attended did so "in the knowledge that they themselves are responsible if they catch C-19." 

If you seriously believe that this cause has no relevance in the UK, there are a lot of people who strongly disagree with you, many having been subjected to or witnessed the reasons for these protests. 

You should probably read this statement below, not that I think it'll make much difference to your opinion but maybe your newsfeeds don't include this type of opinion normally?!

"As a doctor who has worked in covid wards for the last 3 months - I support these protests and the BLM movement wholeheartedly. Anyone who works for the NHS should do the same. I am sick to death of people who don’t even work for the NHS using us as a reason to disagree with the protest. No. Don’t you dare. “Think of the NHS workers” is not your get out of jail free card to express your deep rooted racism.

And yes, protesting and mass gatherings are not ideal during a pandemic. But this cannot wait. It has already gone on long enough.

The racism, hardships and countless deaths that black people have faced have gone on far longer than covid - and if you are using the virus as an excuse to rebuke the protesters and the BLM movement, you are part of the problem.

Black people are 4 times more likely to die from covid. They know this. You know this. Yet they are still willing to risk their lives and go out and protest. Have you even bothered to think about why? It is because they know that racism is far more deadly than covid. And it’s about time you realised the same.

Where was your outrage when people were flocking to beaches to tan? Where was your outrage when people had VE Day parties and didn’t social distance? No one will blame these events for a second wave - which was already coming before this protest. These protesters wore face masks and social distanced the best they could but that is not enough. Some of you would rather see them stay at home. Some of you have forgotten your outrage at the murder of George Floyd already and have now focused your outrage on black people again. And you don’t even see that as a problem. This is how deep rooted your (and my) privilege is. And it needs to stop now."

There certainly is venom in my response to your asinine comment. You call what these animals are doing is simply a differing point of view. I would not care in the slightest if they wanted to pointlessly protest peacefully, even if they do so in extreme close proximity. But to collapse a Police Officers Lung? Intentionally hurting the Police Horses? The willful destruction and defacing of property. This is not the actions of people presenting an alternative point of view. This is the actions of thugs, nothing more. BLM are nothing but scum. 

So as long as these disgusting animals are going this in the cities, as long as no one is stopping them then peaceful families can congregate on the beach, or anywhere else for that mater. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

I don’t think people were at all arse to elbow. Most I wouldn’t class as retards. The beach at Banf where I took my kids was virtually deserted, that’s first time in 2 months my 11 year old twins have left the bloody house. 
The cause as you put it is being hijacked by people for whom enough is never enough. Screaming right up in a police officers face with no mask or ****************s given about the consequences is totally different to sitting on a beach. Destroying property and physically attacking people is totally unacceptable. As for the quote ref Black or Asians being more likely to die !!! How on earth can the propensity for an illness to attack different ethnic groups be deemed as racism. I’ve seen the signs quoting this as racism in the nhs, absolute utter stupidity. Does that mean sickle cell anemia is racist ????. 
I work within a team of guys from all over the world of all colours. Much of this shit is media driven hype. I’m proud of my culture and have no time for this hand wringing privileged white man apologist bullshit. The most racist societies out there are undoubtedly coloured on coloured ones. There are many examples of this in Africa and Asia ie the Indian caste system. 
Once you have been around this globe a bit you soon realise that this country so many are so keen to whinge about ain’t in reality that bad. Not perfect by any means but a lot better than many realise. 

• Like 8

@Youngstu  no it never does suprise me neither, but page after page of vociferous counter-arguement to what ever anyone posts, does cover up the lack of positive tree-based postings on a Forestry and Arb website. And a racing cert we will get volumes more - ad infinitum.  K

( AM one of those retard BLM protesters and Terrorist sympathisers noted previous - supporting such as Nelson Mandela - you know, that terrorist M.Thatcher hated cos he was thorn in side of South Africa  )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

aGd0bG7_700b.jpg

No argument from me totally wrong, but it doesn't matter what reporters I've read they all said the same thing. A very small minority that appeared later in the day to cause havoc. Tens of thousands peacefully protesting, a few hundred kicking off its always the same on protests.

• Like 4

So, to those who have expressed such horror at these protests: if the protests had remained entirely peaceful, without any violence and disorder, resulting in injuries or vandalism ( which unfortunately were inevitable when the reason for the protests causes such strong feelings in many!) Would you have supported the cause?  If not, why not.

Do you not believe that racism is a problem in this country? If that's the case are those involved making it up?

Do we as a country not need to recognise the wrongs that have been committed by our countrymen in the past and do something to right those wrongs? 

I don't believe that the writing from a doctor said anything about the virus being racist, it just stated well known facts about how if affects BAME people disproportionately.

If you can address these points without referring to those as "disgusting", "animals" or "scum" that'd be great as those terms in this context wouldn't be out of place in the 1960s, or even 1860s.

On a couple of other points:

Something being worse elsewhere doesn't make it ok here and maybe as a country that has been "developed" for longer than many we should lead by example in improving conditions and treatment of members of our society.

It is possible to be proud of your country and patriotic whilst criticising what has happened in the past or is happening still.

The use of the term "All lives matter" is completely ridiculous and inappropriate, there are plenty of statements, videos and cartoons explaining why. 

"Coloured on coloured" demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge of what terms are considered completely unacceptable at this time due to their association with a more racist past, segregation etc. And I agree that the caste system is extremely unfair, should be dismantled, but is this racism and as I said before saying that is worse doesn't make our problems ok. 

Progress was made with the abolition of the slave trade, outlawing slavery in the USA and the colonies, civil rights changes in the 60s, banning of racial discrimination, making racism a crime etc but all is not ok and our society is not fair for everyone, particularly people of colour. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1