Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

He wasn’t found guilty ??s. 

Im not so sure that naturally equates to “innocent” however, just that there was insufficient evidence to satisfy the “beyond reasonable doubt.”

There is such a thing as 'No Further Action' (NFA). Which is to say that that it is either: 1) Not in the public interest to charge the individual or 2) There is insufficient evidence to proceed with the charge.

If you do have an NFA on your record, which is tantamount to an ongoing enquiry when it comes to applying for visas for far away places, then you have to get the police to change the 'NFA' record to 'No Crime'.  Which isn't the easiest of things to  do, no-one likes to admit when they're wrong.

27 minutes ago, Mull said:

Why are the extra 1050 on the street not using food banks, are they too rich for that?

I think that you need to be on some sort of benefit to use the food bank, if your homeless i.e., no fixed abode it's really difficult to get into the system to claim benefits.

my missus has been trying to help a homeless lad out recently and when you learn how difficult it is, even for the ones who aren't suffering from addictions or other mental health problems, it's just bloody heart- wrenching. 

we were discussing providing the fellow a home when he told us that he'd got sorted in shared accommodation with a charity after months and months on the streets.

• Like 2

A death is a death, a form of suffering dont you think? and we (most of us) eat meat. ?‍♂️

No. A death is a death yes, there’s no denying that but put yourself in the animals shoes. You get put in a lorry on the farm where you grew up, taken to an abattoir, not to bad so far as you don’t know what is is going on, even though you are stressed and worried, herded of the lorry into a factory. Would you then like to be put straight out with a bullet to the brain or have your throat cut. There is no need for this. It’s just fucking cruel. I have no problem farming and killing animals for food but do it in the quickest way possible for fucks sake
  • Like 2

No. A death is a death yes, there’s no denying that but put yourself in the animals shoes. You get put in a lorry on the farm where you grew up, taken to an abattoir, not to bad so far as you don’t know what is is going on, even though you are stressed and worried, herded of the lorry into a factory. Would you then like to be put straight out with a bullet to the brain or have your throat cut. There is no need for this. It’s just fucking cruel. I have no problem farming and killing animals for food but do it in the quickest way possible for fucks sake

Read my posts furthur on Will, i agree from both sides, and was raised on a farm so again see both sides.

8 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

4 migrants? There. Was 40 alone recorded on Christmas Day.

one boat, containing 4 or 5 migrants was picked in French waters, and then bought to the UK. Maybe Mr Johnson can explain how that works?

Which bit Mr P?

The fake news figures or the duty placed upon all at sea (under international maritime law - UNCLOS) where it is safe to do so, to assist those in distress (imminent peril) where imminent peril is described under the SOLAS convention. 

Bit of a shambles really where well intentioned international conventions are being exploited by those that purposefully, intentionally and often criminally set out to exploit that which was never envisioned as being applied in such a manner so as to short circuit normal immigration processes. 

The answer - pick em up and set em back from whence they came. Maybe then the message will get out and the ‘victims’ will stop giving their money to organised crime and international terrorists....

• Like 3

Our charity provides opportunities for homeless and addicted people to have a safe, clean , caring environment. I gave one of our flyers to a homeless girl the other day. It was obvious she had been homeless and sleeping rough for a long time. She declined the offer of help because she earned too much begging every day. We were holding a bucket collection right near where she was sat with all her duvets and bags by a cash point outside a Sainsbury’s. I watched a steady stream of people give her food, drinks, wads of cash etc... we were there all week and I saw a pattern emerge. Every couple of hours a guy in a hoodie with a staffy would appear and she very quickly left her spot and disappeared with this guy for half an hour or so only to return, semi-conscious and begin the process all over again.
She told me that she had a daughter but she was being looked after by her mum. She was spending about £200 - £300 a day on her habit, had no veins left and was injecting into her groin where she had multiple abscesses.
On Christmas Eve her mum turned up and begged her to come home and spend Christmas with her little girl. She started yelling and screaming at her mum (it was horrible). Then the guy with the pit bull turned up again and she disappeared sharpish.
It made me ask myself some very searching questions. We even had people come to our pitch and tell us; “I hope you’re going to give some of that money you’ve collected to that girl’.
I did give her a few quid and some food and a hot drink but only so I could open up some dialogue and tell her about our charity.
She really didn’t want to know.
It’s easy to point the finger at the dealer, but that day I asked myself,
“Who were the real villains of the piece?”
The mum?
The dealer?
The authorities?
Or the people who walked home that night feeling self satisfied that they had given £10 or £20 to help a homeless girl?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Our charity provides opportunities for homeless and addicted people to have a safe, clean , caring environment. I gave one of our flyers to a homeless girl the other day. It was obvious she had been homeless and sleeping rough for a long time. She declined the offer of help because she earned too much begging every day. We were holding a bucket collection right near where she was sat with all her duvets and bags by a cash point outside a Sainsbury’s. I watched a steady stream of people give her food, drinks, wads of cash etc... we were there all week and I saw a pattern emerge. Every couple of hours a guy in a hoodie with a staffy would appear and she very quickly left her spot and disappeared with this guy for half an hour or so only to return, semi-conscious and begin the process all over again.
She told me that she had a daughter but she was being looked after by her mum. She was spending about £200 - £300 a day on her habit, had no veins left and was injecting into her groin where she had multiple abscesses.
On Christmas Eve her mum turned up and begged her to come home and spend Christmas with her little girl. She started yelling and screaming at her mum (it was horrible). Then the guy with the pit bull turned up again and she disappeared sharpish.
It made me ask myself some very searching questions. We even had people come to our pitch and tell us; “I hope you’re going to give some of that money you’ve collected to that girl’.
I did give her a few quid and some food and a hot drink but only so I could open up some dialogue and tell her about our charity.
She really didn’t want to know.
It’s easy to point the finger at the dealer, but that day I asked myself,
“Who were the real villains of the piece?”
The mum?
The dealer?
The authorities?
Or the people who walked home that night feeling self satisfied that they had given £10 or £20 to help a homeless girl?

..... And you concluded?