Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

If the treatment cured the baby it would make sense for the kid to get it. However we all know that any experimental treatment is unlikely to cure any health conditions.

I think the courts have made the right decision.

Four cycles of the Myeloma 11 trial chemotherapy drugs worked wonders for me.:001_tt2:

Yeah obviously a white judge cant understand the need of blacks. Next you'll have blacks campaigning to have special "black only" seats on buses...

If the people involved in the fire don't trust the Judge surely the enquiry is pointless?

MP's don't help themselves, allegedly Mrs May said that the residents of the flats would be consulted about who the Judge would be, then went and appointed someone with no consultation.

Can you not see why they are up-in-arms about what's going on?

Try to think of other enquiries, Football, Miners, Rotherham.

It's about time to get to the truth rather than trying to cover things up.

Not that I think Moore-Bick would, but I can see why they are not happy.

Except that any Public Enquiry, in todays society of permenant dissaffection, and absolute refusal to accept any responsibility for ones own misfortunes.

Cannot work, nor certainly not please all "sides".

And I cite our very own, and badly abused Saville enquiry.

mth

PS

The parents behavouir in the Charlie Gard case was another facet of our "blame" sombody else culture, if they had of had any feelings for the wee tot, they would gladly have let it "slip away", instead of courting publicity/milking it for all it was worth, and for whose ends?, certainly not the tots, in my experienced cynical opinion.

Except that any Public Enquiry, in todays society of permenant dissaffection, and absolute refusal to accept any responsibility for ones own misfortunes.

Cannot work, nor certainly not please all "sides".

And I cite our very own, and badly abused Saville enquiry.

mth

PS

The parents behavouir in the Charlie Gard case was another facet of our "blame" sombody else culture, if they had of had any feelings for the wee tot, they would gladly have let it "slip away", instead of courting publicity/milking it for all it was worth, and for whose ends?, certainly not the tots, in my experienced cynical opinion.

Let me get this right Marcus. Police Officers from the Hillsbourgh disaster changed their note books to fit in with what they wanted us to believe?, it took the best part of 30 years to get to the truth.

Orgreave was a total lie. The Police went in there to cause the trouble, fact. Read about it......

Rotherham sex cases weren't investigated, or were, but got ignored because it was the Pakistani men that were involved.

These enquiries need to be headed by 'properly impartial' folk..... But we wouldn't like that, would we?

The only specific I quoted was Saville,

I totally agree it was wrong that it took so long to get to the bottom of the Police wrongdoing at Hillsborough,(though whether better Police planning could entirely have prevented deaths or a disaster is a moot point?, bearing in mind supporter violence at football matches at that time)

I too was appalled, but hardly surprised re the Rotherham sex abuse scandal.

And I dont doubt the Thatcher backed Police attitude to the miners, in which I might add, as a non Scargill following bolshie miner supporter, Mrs. T had my wholehearted support, and I not unreasonably suspect there were many others of the same mind.

etc

etc

etc

But I still think we risk loosing any hope of finding the absolute truth, however distasteful or unpalatable it may be to some who were, or were related to, or knew persons directly involved, due to the media led lynch-mob court of hysterical public opinion.

fact

Like my father knew an old country gent, well into his seventies, who got a badly bust arm as a result of a well-weilded RUC baton the time of our Duncree protest.

His reaction?

I should have known better, than to be there, so he sucked it up and said no more.

End of.

Edited by difflock