Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

If the latest polls are accurate then tory and labour are neck and neck at labour 1% behind the torys.

Mays losing credability as Corbyns bandwagon is gaining momentum.

I really think if Labour had a more appealing leader they would have romped it.

Yeah saw this on the telegraph website this morning. 1 point ahead from a poll from wait for it... 1100 people across the country. Yeah that's going to be accurate! If you want accuracy look at what the bookies odds are

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Genuine question for those who favour Corbyn.

Do you think that the deficit does not mater? Its just a number? What if our credit rating drops to Junk status and we can no longer borrow?

Or do you genuinely think he can fulfil all his promises and balance the books?

Do you think simply throwing money at every problem will fix them?

Obviously many of the things he wants would be great, but how can they possibly be payed for?

The deficit does matter, but look at what we achieved post WW2, when we were in a far worse position financially, and the Yanks had us by the balls. All this crap about the ''Magic Money Tree'' makes for a good soundbite for the economically illiterate - i.e, most of us - but if you have a fiat currency, as we do, it's bollox, we're not on the gold standard anymore! :001_rolleyes: As for our credit rating, who was in charge when we lost our AAA status? Ah yes, Gideon and 'CallMe Dave''and where are they now after they crashed the joint and legged it?

Labour's plan is to grow our way out of this depression - now, you might not agree with that, but can you hand on heart say that the Tories have managed the economy with any degree of competence? I see the 'Torygraph' was busy trumpeting the fact that 10 of their pet economists disagree with Labour's plans, whilst studiously ignoring the fact that ONE HUNDRED have signed a letter agreeing with Corbyn - sadly, this is par for the course for our Great British Media and I despair of anyone who can't see that the media is completely biased towards the Tories

Throwing money at the problem? Back to the old ''Magic Money Tree' trope - well, it seemed to bear plenty of fruit when it came to baling the bankers out, not to mention the billions released by the BOE for quantitative easing. Only a tiny fraction of 'money' actually exists in circulation anyway, the vast majority is electronic.

This election does have somewhat of the feel of a ''tallest dwarf'' competition, but I generally feel it's the most important of my lifetime. If the Tories get in, you can kiss goodbye to the NHS as we know it - if you don't believe me, talk to anyone who works for it - to be replaced by a more expensive, far less efficient US style private healthcare system. That fact alone should be enough to convince any waverers to vote Labour. The facts are out there, it's just that many of them get omitted, spun or simply ignored or labelled ''fake news'' by the MSM, hence the rise in popularity of social media for this election, and the reason why the Tories are going to clamp down hard on alternative news sources - can't have the great unwashed being informed of the truth now, can we?

As Nye Bevan said;

fbdbe4ae24e3d03d7919d07687fe9f95.jpg

It's a whole lot easier when you've got 90% of the media onside...:thumbdown:

Yeah saw this on the telegraph website this morning. 1 point ahead from a poll from wait for it... 1100 people across the country. Yeah that's going to be accurate! If you want accuracy look at what the bookies odds are

I'd normally agree, but the bookies got Brexit and Trump wrong.

I still think the Conservatives will walk it. Saying that I've been wrong before and no doubt I will be again.

Conservatives 10/1-on.

Labour 11/2.

With great, great difficulty.

I find a little hope in the fact that other cultures have rejected the literal word of their Gods.

Presumably the imam's represent some sort of authorative structure within the Islamic faith?

I don't think so, off the top of my head I don't believe there's any sort of process you have to go through to become an Imam - I know plenty go through some sort of training, but AFAIK, it's not compulsory. I'll have a look latr, but I really ought to do something constructive...:blushing:

The deficit does matter, but look at what we achieved post WW2, when we were in a far worse position financially, and the Yanks had us by the balls. All this crap about the ''Magic Money Tree'' makes for a good soundbite for the economically illiterate - i.e, most of us - but if you have a fiat currency, as we do, it's bollox, we're not on the gold standard anymore! :001_rolleyes: As for our credit rating, who was in charge when we lost our AAA status? Ah yes, Gideon and 'CallMe Dave''and where are they now after they crashed the joint and legged it?

Labour's plan is to grow our way out of this depression - now, you might not agree with that, but can you hand on heart say that the Tories have managed the economy with any degree of competence? I see the 'Torygraph' was busy trumpeting the fact that 10 of their pet economists disagree with Labour's plans, whilst studiously ignoring the fact that ONE HUNDRED have signed a letter agreeing with Corbyn - sadly, this is par for the course for our Great British Media and I despair of anyone who can't see that the media is completely biased towards the Tories

Throwing money at the problem? Back to the old ''Magic Money Tree' trope - well, it seemed to bear plenty of fruit when it came to baling the bankers out, not to mention the billions released by the BOE for quantitative easing. Only a tiny fraction of 'money' actually exists in circulation anyway, the vast majority is electronic.

This election does have somewhat of the feel of a ''tallest dwarf'' competition, but I generally feel it's the most important of my lifetime. If the Tories get in, you can kiss goodbye to the NHS as we know it - if you don't believe me, talk to anyone who works for it - to be replaced by a more expensive, far less efficient US style private healthcare system. That fact alone should be enough to convince any waverers to vote Labour. The facts are out there, it's just that many of them get omitted, spun or simply ignored or labelled ''fake news'' by the MSM, hence the rise in popularity of social media for this election, and the reason why the Tories are going to clamp down hard on alternative news sources - can't have the great unwashed being informed of the truth now, can we?

As Nye Bevan said;

fbdbe4ae24e3d03d7919d07687fe9f95.jpg

It's a whole lot easier when you've got 90% of the media onside...:thumbdown:

Great post :thumbup:

Sadly i fear it will fall on deaf ears as the torys continue with the personal attacks on Corbyn deflecting the focus away from theyre own lack of plausable policies.

I'd normally agree, but the bookies got Brexit and Trump wrong.

I still think the Conservatives will walk it. Saying that I've been wrong before and no doubt I will be again.

Conservatives 10/1-on.

Labour 11/2.

They did but the odds weren't as strong as this. I think it looks close as noones particularly keen on either party

Great post [emoji106]

Sadly i fear it will fall on deaf ears as the torys continue with the personal attacks on Corbyn deflecting the focus away from theyre own lack of plausable policies.

The man just isn't prime minister material, his own party knows that and has tried to get him out several times to give themselves a chance and then there's Abbott and I don't care how much anyone supports labour you.csnt say she's fit to be home secretary. I wish they had a decent leadership and they'd possibly get my vote but the top 2 seem more suited to running a PTA than running a country

The man just isn't prime minister material, his own party knows that and has tried to get him out several times to give themselves a chance and then there's Abbott and I don't care how much anyone supports labour you.csnt say she's fit to be home secretary. I wish they had a decent leadership and they'd possibly get my vote but the top 2 seem more suited to running a PTA than running a country

What would qualify as prime minister naterial in your opinion?

A lying,repititive sound biting u turning cant produce any financial figures,elderly dementia sufferer robbing, nhs destroying women like may.

Really???

Take away corbyn and thats what were left with

Edited by stihlmadasever

What would qualify as prime minister naterial in your opinion?

A lying,repititive sound biting u turning cant produce any financial figures,elderly dementia sufferer robbing, nhs destroying women like may.

Really???

Take away corbyn and thats what were left with

The thing is though, anything that corbyn promices he WILL NOT produce... end off!, its all made up... utter constant speil