Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Actually I am. What I'm not a fan of is the seemingly constant attack on white folks and the not so silent accusation they are inherently racist and its up to us to prove the contrary to appease a minority of misguided hate filled individuals. F&%k that and F%&k you. :)

If you read what I've written I don't think I've attacked any white people and I haven't accused you of being racist. As far as I'm aware I'm not in the "hate filled individuals" category either. The anger that you're displaying (which is in response to reactions to your original comment) shows that the hate is coming from your direction not mine. 

I know that on previous threads you claim to read information from all sides but it certainly seems that your views on this topic are very fixed and you seem completely unable to see how and why others may think differently and still be reasonable people. 

• Like 3

Just now, Youngstu said:

If you read what I've written I don't think I've attacked any white people and I haven't accused you of being racist. As far as I'm aware I'm not in the "hate filled individuals" category either.

I disagree. 

Just now, Youngstu said:

The anger that you're displaying (which is in response to reactions to your original comment) shows that the hate is coming from your direction not mine. 

I am angry, Im angry at the accusations you're making. If not to me personally to the 'white' population of the UK. I find it disgusting and utterly uncalled for. In my opinion its insidious and intentionally poisonous. If I where to make broad sweeping statements like you do to another race it would rightly be called out for being racist. Why should your comments be seen as anything else? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I disagree. 

I am angry, Im angry at the accusations you're making. If not to me personally to the 'white' population of the UK. I find it disgusting and utterly uncalled for. In my opinion its insidious and intentionally poisonous. If I where to make broad sweeping statements like you do to another race it would rightly be called out for being racist. Why should your comments be seen as anything else? 

Where are these accusations towards you and the white population and where have I made broad sweeping statements that would be classed as racist in another context? I'm just curious and have read back through my comments and can't find anything that would fit into either of those categories. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Where are these accusations towards you and the white population and where have I made broad sweeping statements that would be classed as racist in another context?

6 hours ago, Youngstu said:

Do you not believe that racism is a problem in this country?

6 hours ago, Youngstu said:

Do we as a country not need to recognise the wrongs that have been committed by our countrymen in the past and do something to right those wrongs? 

Are you honestly trying to sat that these comments are not directed at the White population of the UK? They are inherently racist. It sets the tone for your entire point of view as carefully constructed as it is to be easily deniable for being inherently racist. It is an attack on innocent people bases solely on the colour of their skin. If that not is racism then nothing is. 

The 'sides' are getting more and more skewed and its not healthy in my opinion.

right : cummings hounded by press for breaking quarantine

Left: mp's doing same. no media outrage

right: protests mass pakistani rapes. pillaried by press, arrested by plod.

left: defaces  cenotaph, churchill statue. no action taken.

right: ex-pm, ex- chief defence staff accused of being pedo's by labour dep leader.

left: found to be bullshit, no action taken. may even goto lords.

right: homosexualty is wrong. media go nuts, police involved, hate crime etc etc

left: muslims protest same sex being taught in schools, on camera saying homo is wrong. no action taken.

time and time again and we see one sided justice. The quiet majority will take this for so long then look out. brexit is a good example.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Where are these accusations towards you and the white population

You make good points. Interesting reading. Just remember most of us manual workers don't deal with many people and want tomorrow to be as predictable as it was yesterday. We save feelings for our families not strangers. Solving physical/material day to day probs, routine & rhythm of working with machines means we like order, habit and respect for authority/tradition. What you're saying is distrust our history, be suspicious of our non-PC friends and hope for a progressive future. Can see why older people would struggle with this - given they've got a plateful of their own probs already? Just saying

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

And for thousands of years our ancestors and those of other groups of people in the world would have been regarded as "uncivilised", killing one another left right and centre, mistreating or exploiting their enemies along with  their own countrymen and families if they were not deemed to be worth treating well. 

If we were to consider ourselves to be a civilised and just country at this time (and possibly for the last century give or take a few wars, war crimes etc), is it not important to recognise the wrongs that were committed by the people who came before us which lead to our country becoming rich, powerful and "civilised" at the expense of other nations and their citizens. 

Many of our towns, cities and people still benefit from the profits made at the expense of those who were exploited, whether that's through our public buildings, universities, parks and other things that benefit the general population. 

I understand that you don't feel that you would want to apologise for something that wasn't your fault and many people don't wish to do so, but do you have no empathy or understanding of why there are many in our society who still feel the pain of what happened to their ancestors, how that  has effected them and others within their social grouping due to the treatment that has continued up until now?

Do you also seriously think it's unreasonable for others in our society to wish to stand alongside and support those who have been wronged through exploitation and discrimination over generations? 

If it wasn't for the British (and several other European nations) exploiting their colonies we would not have been able to maintain our position in the world.  Surely we should help and support those (countries, people) who were exploited for our benefit. 

What do you want me to do like ??? Throw myself at the feet of every coloured person or descendant of a former British colony ???  Get a grip for Christ sake. 

• Like 2