Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Just checking, it’s not April 1st today is it?

Something about the name... A rather innocent name for a character. Do we know what the super power is? Something to do with snowflakes I suppose but, I wonder.....

Don't sweat it Mr S.  

I'm gonna tag that as fake news.  The writing style, the grammar, the content and the typo's scream amateur BS.

Hope your right Mr Johnson, don’t need to worry about anything else at the minute also trying to explain that to my 4&7 year old boy’s [emoji848]

On 21/03/2020 at 21:33, Alex O said:

Hope your right Mr Johnson, don’t need to worry about anything else at the minute also trying to explain that to my 4&7 year old boy’s emoji848.png

Mild national hysteria, hoarding and potential lock-down aside Al, all good this end ?

Little un's first day of not going to school today.  Mrs is on critical workers list (I'm more on the idle bastards list) we could sent her into school if we needed to, but not yet, it's manageable.  As a mate who's Mrs is a rozzer (and their daughter is in our little un's class) said "...those that are in school are the children of folks that are public facing, maybe not the best idea..."

C19 aside, my biggest worry bead at the moment is trying to get as much as possible done if / before we hit a lock-down situation.

Have to admit, the potential is frustrating.  I can understand the need for it where folks are ramming themselves into underground train carriages or bumbling around without a care in the world, but I rarely see anyone from one day to the next so what 'works' in London is a massive overkill for the likes of many rural arb and forestry types.

Take it easy brother ??

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mild national hysteria, hoarding and potential lock-down aside Al, all good this end ?

Little un's first day of not going to school today.  Mrs is on critical workers list (I'm more on the idle bastards list) we could sent her into school if we needed to, but not yet, it's manageable.  As a mate who's Mrs is a rozzer (and their daughter is in our little un's class) said "...those that are in school are the children of folks that are public facing, maybe not the best idea..."

C19 aside, my biggest worry bead at the moment is trying to get as much as possible done if / before we hit a lock-down situation.

Have to admit, the potential is frustrating.  I can understand the need for it where folks are ramming themselves into underground train carriages or bumbling around without a care in the world, but I rarely see anyone from one day to the next so what 'works' in London is a massive overkill for the likes of many rural arb and forestry types.

Take it easy brother ??

Feel your pain. I suspect everyone is feeling the frustration to not crack on as per normal. I have a lot of work ahead of me- 95% of it involves not seeing a soul all day- but if we are put in lock down- I guess it can’t be one rule for one and another for another? The twist of the blade is the nice weather on the cards for the next two weeks- been waiting for this for 6 months!

Regarding childcare- my other half is a ‘key’ worker. But the school sent us a letter (and I agree with them) saying If the partners are not key workers then the child should stay at home. I wouldn’t want her going to school anyway. So we are in lock down in the garden at the moment!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Feel your pain. I suspect everyone is feeling the frustration to not crack on as per normal. I have a lot of work ahead of me- 95% of it involves not seeing a soul all day- but if we are put in lock down- I guess it can’t be one rule for one and another for another? The twist of the blade is the nice weather on the cards for the next two weeks- been waiting for this for 6 months!

Regarding childcare- my other half is a ‘key’ worker. But the school sent us a letter (and I agree with them) saying If the partners are not key workers then the child should stay at home. I wouldn’t want her going to school anyway. So we are in lock down in the garden at the moment!

We had similar letter referencing the government guidance and stating that both parents should be key workers. 

You won’t be surprised that I did read the gov guidance. 

There is NO mention of both parents needing to be key workers. It seems to me to be an ‘interpretation’ by our schools trust (which is a business after all) in order to minimise demand. 

I haven’t got a hairy shirt on about it just yet but that is exactly the sort of unilateral interpretation of very clear published strategic guidance by piss-ant bureaucrats that boils my piss. 

It also has the very real potential to create a barrier to key workers delivering key roles because top level directives are being mis-applied by morons.