Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Everyone keeps saying we reap what we sow and it's revenge for Iraq Afghan etc. It's utter bollocks 9/11 happened before 2003 Iraq invasion, the British army was invited into Afghan by karzai.

Sweden hasn't been bombing the **** out of muslims so why are they in the thick of terror attacks, France hasn't played a big part in the Middle East nor Belgium or Germany yet here we are all with the same problems ...

I'm not sure what the solutions are but 1 thing I am sick of hearing about is we brought it on ourselves, NO WE DIDNT!

If people want to come here for a better life and to work and integrate I'm all for it just not at the expense of being blown up.

Very good point. In my lifetime the only recollection of wholesale genocide of the muslin faith occurred in the 1990s in war torn yugoslavia. Yes it was horrific and thousands lost their lives. If we as someone had put are reaping what we sowed then going by that argument then Isis extremists should be going bang over there on a daily basis, so I presume that argument had fallen on its behind. Maybe and I suspect more likely the reason such nations as Britain are being targeted is because we are seen as a soft touch. Whereas it may appear to be a quiet nation but yugoslavia certainly can take care of itself

anyone who is placating Islam and Islamist terrorists, the appeasers.

"name" , not just point in a vague direction.

More controversy: Churchill was a war criminal and should have been trialled and convicted as such, not glorified as some saintly saviour.

Hi Ti,

I'm sure you would agree that whilst there is plenty of good advice in the bible there is also a great deal of terrible advice. A book dictated or inspired by an all knowing, all loving God should by definition be bloody brilliant cover to cover.

The bible is so far from this it should be discounted.

There is something wrong when someone can quickly flick through the pages and pages glorifying genocide, child sacrifice and slavery to get the bit about 'loving thy neighbour' and decide to dedicate one's life to it's earth shattering wisdom.

The Koran is even worse!

Not everyone is a wise as you Ti to only take on board the parts that promote human flourishing.

Good evening Graham [emoji106]

There are no passages in The Bible that glorify child sacrifice.

The "genocide" instructions you refer to were specifically for a certain time in history to rid society of a people group (in the Middle East strangely enough!) who were steeped in devil worship and child sacrifice.

As you have pointed out mate, The Bible as the inspired word of God IS an amazing book and I and many others have found it to be truly life changing.

The thing is, it deals with things like evil, the inherent sinfulness of man and the realities of living in a very messed up world. It's not a fluffy bedtime read for sure.

Shalom!

Timon.

what about them learning to live with us , as were there host country :001_rolleyes:

Spot on.

Duncan, I'm an easy going type of man, but why should 57 million of us bow to the wishes of a small minority amongst 3 million (most of whom don't want or need this shitt)?

I've been to several Muslim countries, I didn't swan about in my Union Jack shorts swigging a Stella with my bulldog chest piece on display, that's for sure.

I'm also a simple man.

If I go somewhere I don't like, I leave.

I don't try and change it.

You need to have a look at yourself and ask a few questions.

That goes for a lot of us who have kept this thread going, myself included.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Only if it's left up to people like you. 25 million muslims in Europe. You need to learn to live with them, they aren't going away.

The standard of intellectual debate has been very high over the last couple of pages. Do you think your contribution is up to the standard of current posting?

The history of immigration has been like this over the last 50 years:

Political parties saw fit to open the doors to third world migrants. The electorates of Europe were never asked what they thought about this and never had a chance to vote on it. The native europeans have generally been welcoming towards the migrants and been reasonably tolerant.

The third world migrants have caused major problems. For instance they've committed acts of terrorism, sexually harassed european children on an industrial scale, been a massive drain to the taxpayer & caused crime etc.

After each terrorist attack europeans are told we've just got to tolerate it and that "love is stronger than hate".

My predictions for the future of Europe are:

The goodwill of native europeans towards migrant communities will vanish. After so many terrorist attacks native europeans will start attacking muslims. This will lead to "tit for tat" attacks that will lead to civil war. The european militaries will then start killing muslims on an industrial scale. Muslims and minority groups will flee Europe towards their ancestral homelands.

Similar things have happened before. For instance the europeans were kicked out of Algeria durin the Algerian war. The Asians were kicked out of Uganda. The colonial powers were kicked out the colonies.

Good evening Graham [emoji106]

There are no passages in The Bible that glorify child sacrifice.

The "genocide" instructions you refer to were specifically for a certain time in history to rid society of a people group (in the Middle East strangely enough!) who were steeped in devil worship and child sacrifice.

As you have pointed out mate, The Bible as the inspired word of God IS an amazing book and I and many others have found it to be truly life changing.

The thing is, it deals with things like evil, the inherent sinfulness of man and the realities of living in a very messed up world. It's not a fluffy bedtime read for sure.

Shalom!

Timon.

Good evening yourself!

I like you too much to descend into another ding dong battle but I think it is worth pointing out that we live in "a very messed up world" significantly as a result of devotion to the same ancient texts that you suggest looking for the answers in.

I'd be interested on your thoughts on this also:

If you had been born in Egypt say, to Muslim parents and had no exposure to Christian teaching or philosophy, it is almost certain that after your revelation you would be worshipping the Prophet Mohammed with exactly the same fervour that you currently worship Jesus Christ.

This is not a dig, I am just genuinely interested to understand how you are so sure that your God is the dude.

I have no huge beef with Christianity other than that it makes absolutely no sense to me. I do believe it provides some cover/justification for other more troubling ideologies though such as Islam and think we would be much better off without any of them. Religions divide us and hold humanity back.

Without wanting to put words in your mouth, you may well be thinking that I have just not been lucky enough to experience the rapture of feeling God's love and that if I had I would be converted.

I am infact quite a spiritual person and have experienced bliss, and feelings of boundless love through meditation. These are very profound experiences and I can see why conditioned people who experience them feel they have been 'touched by God'. I firmly believe these people are jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Spot on.

Duncan, I'm an easy going type of man, but why should 57 million of us bow to the wishes of a small minority amongst 3 million (most of whom don't want or need this shitt)?

I've been to several Muslim countries, I didn't swan about in my Union Jack shorts swigging a Stella with my bulldog chest piece on display, that's for sure.

I'm also a simple man.

If I go somewhere I don't like, I leave.

I don't try and change it.

You need to have a look at yourself and ask a few questions.

That goes for a lot of us who have kept this thread going, myself included.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Mark I entirely agree with you, but they are here and here to stay. We shouldn't fight extremism with extremism. Did we not learn any lessons from from the IRA.