Tattoos in the workplace

JonB88

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I would rather have tats than a beard I have had my lip piersed for 20yrs or so I only have one ring in one side now but used to have 3 each side and never had any bad comments got kissed by a ppolice woman in cardiff so she could see what it felt like but that was before facial piersings were so common no it defo would not bother me I would employ someone who had a whole face done as long as he or she was good at their job being an old punk rocker I was used to being judged by how I looked so could not do it to anyone else

Cheers Mark

I don't have any myself but considered it from time to time, problem was I was never sure how long I'd like them after having them done. Probably just as well I didn't as I'd now look well dated and/or a Billboard

To be honest I'd always viewed them as a sign of rebellion but it's getting to the point where having tats is a sign of conformity.

I know people say a guy should be employed on merit and I agree but for every great guy/good worker with tats there's one without.

I was watching a well known climber on youtube recently, he was wearing a sleeveless t shirt and it stood out a mile that he didn't appear to have any visible tats, more noticeable than if he had tats to be honest.

All this talk of tats has made me think about them again, might go for the full Brian Setzer look.