TW 230 latest opinions please.

bggc

Yes and I really don't like it, feels flimsy, trip the stop bar with every armful I get in, still got the rubbish chute clamp that after a couple of years wears and the chute goes wear it wants, they crack which to me, backs up the build quality thing.

To me it's another disposable machine where after 4 years a Jensen, schliesing or forst can be sold as a machine as good as it came out the factory. This is my opinion, not everyone will agree with me but these are my thoughts

forst havnt been out 4 yrs yet , seldem trip the bar ,must be the way yr using it ,:laugh1:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and I really don't like it, feels flimsy, trip the stop bar with every armful I get in, still got the rubbish chute clamp that after a couple of years wears and the chute goes wear it wants, they crack which to me, backs up the build quality thing.

To me it's another disposable machine where after 4 years a Jensen, schliesing or forst can be sold as a machine as good as it came out the factory. This is my opinion, not everyone will agree with me but these are my thoughts

And of course you are entitled to them.

I've had my 150 for 13 years, still chips like the first day I got it, if you regularly check stuff, and fix things when they break they'll last.

Mine is still worth 3.5k, they still fetch good money, so they can't be disposable.

I hope my Forst lasts as long ('cos I'll be 65 and nearly retired!)

I've found nothing wrong whatsoever with the 230, it swallows stuff impressively with its wide open mouth. In my humble it runs, performs,and tows, all better than the ST6. And, more importantly, my boys haven't managed to block it once.

Edited by oldwoodcutter

That's the pros of the Forst, they really are a well built chipper, we have had no issue with ours other than the grease pipes failing near the central grease point which we upgraded to thicker walled stuff.

I spend less time on the tools and more in the office these days, purchasing kit for the team is one my roles, and the Forst has been brilliant due to it being reliable with back up I cannot rate high enough.

I have to listen to the crewed well and it is universal all prefer the TW230 on site. it's still hard to choose between the 2.

Let's see how the new TW compares with the st8

Had a good crawl over that at the show and looks a very well thought out machine with some interesting attributes, proof as they say is in the abuse but if I was back in the market for this size machine I'd definitely demo it.

Had a good crawl over that at the show and looks a very well thought out machine with some interesting attributes, proof as they say is in the abuse but if I was back in the market for this size machine I'd definitely demo it.

Not seen it in flesh yet! Will have a look at the APF! Don't bother with arb show same year as APF