When customers want to help!

Macca

Chances are that he doesn't have a groundie helmet, suitable footwear or education.

I've tackled similar a few times with: "it's very kind of you to offer to help but we're not covered on our insurance, especially without a helmet. But it's very kind of you".

Cheers, steve

p.s.... but I only do groundie stuff as part of a team.

Edited by SteveA

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have experience of this and have a way of keeping Mr helpful out the way without embarrassing him?

You come over a bit patronising describing the man (your client??) as "Mr Helpful" when if you had just got about your job in a professional manner you wouldn't be in this situation.

You come over a bit patronising describing the man (your client??) as "Mr Helpful" when if you had just got about your job in a professional manner you wouldn't be in this situation.

Ouch :)

Get some customer diversion signs made up and point them at the kettle :)

Bob

"I'v cut off all the small branches and and piled them up for you if you could put them through your machine "..... Instead of long lengths of brash all pointing the same way he has cut them into 2ft lengths and piled them every which way .

"I'v cut off all the small branches and and piled them up for you if you could put them through your machine "..... Instead of long lengths of brash all pointing the same way he has cut them into 2ft lengths and piled them every which way .

And cut out every log down to 2" for his fire, sigh.

It was a Saturday job, I'm not a big firm just a climber who makes a bit of extra money at the weekend.

Patronising?? I was simply describing my clients over willingness to help as this is what the thread is about.

My work is always professional. Are you are implying by climbing on my own as unprofessional? Not every tree needs a big team to take it out!

IMO opinion if you're climbing you should have a groundy. If you haven't priced for one you're not charging enough. De valuing the industry.

Yes I have done the odd job by myself but it's never the right way!

I don't think I am devaluing the industry! I am a good climber who does a good job.

I quoted the job for a fair price (£300). This job did not need a 3 man team and a chipper. It took me from 9 till 3, the garden was spotless afterwards and the customer happy and knackered after all his secateur work.

What about that is devaluing the industry?

It was a Saturday job, I'm not a big firm just a climber who makes a bit of extra money at the weekend.

Patronising?? I was simply describing my clients over willingness to help as this is what the thread is about.

My work is always professional. Are you are implying by climbing on my own as unprofessional? Not every tree needs a big team to take it out!

Absolutely true , has soon has you mention working on your own you will get shot down on here .

:thumbup:

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID