Tracked chipper

Stefan Palokangas

thinking of buying a tracked chipper,

But before I go out there and buy one I thought I better

See what brands you guys would recommend, 8 inch size or even smaller

I would use most as fire logs so no need chipping any big

I have seen a sharp increase in work load and there is a market

For good tracked chippers.

I take delivery of a tr6 tomorrow from the nice people of forst, I like you needed something to take on an increased workload and decided on this because of it's reputed strength. When I compared the competitors in the six inch'ish bracket the extra weight of this machine stood out, I like stuff built strong! But I'd already decided that I wanted a six inch machine as I keep everything bigger than that on my own jobs as fire wood and most of the contract work I have seen specify 120mm and smaller to be chipped everything larger to be stacked on site or dropped at a specific yard. I will let you know how me and the machine get on.

Have to say the people at forst are a pleasure to deal with.

I take delivery of a tr6 tomorrow from the nice people of forst, I like you needed something to take on an increased workload and decided on this because of it's reputed strength. When I compared the competitors in the six inch'ish bracket the extra weight of this machine stood out, I like stuff built strong! But I'd already decided that I wanted a six inch machine as I keep everything bigger than that on my own jobs as fire wood and most of the contract work I have seen specify 120mm and smaller to be chipped everything larger to be stacked on site or dropped at a specific yard. I will let you know how me and the machine get on.

Have to say the people at forst are a pleasure to deal with.

Been using a Forst TR6 (not mine) for a few months now.... I think it's brilliant.

Very strong chassis so is very useful for tugging trees. The tracks go in and out which is useful for narrow tracks and in the wide position you've got the extra stability.

Munches 6" sticks all day long with no problems.

I also like the large STOP START buttons on both sides of the hopper.

cheers, steve

p.s.... actually, the whole thing seems like it's built to last. Way stronger (and less rattle) than the Jensen we've been using.

Thanks for the replies

The most important is agility, anything bigger then 5 inch would

Be used as fire logs.

Need something within a month or so.

Chip everything you can, stuff all that keeping it for logs. Mugs game (not logs specifically but mucking about trying to save stuff from the jaws for a few quids worth of wood)