The time has finally come

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve have you actually tried it on a large tree yet?

Seriously that is when it comes into its own.

Deadwooding in a graveyard today. Couple of pines, decent spread oak and then was about to go up an Ash with a fair bit of dead.

Stop, we hear chainsaws.

The local Kommune guys (council) decided they didn't want to outdone and turned up with a massive John Deere, a length of polly prop and a blunt Stihl Farm boss and preceded to fell some 60 footers on their side of the graveyard boundary. First few went ok ish. The third went straight into the tree I was about to go up and wiped out about 4 decent sized limbs on their side.

A dead wood turned into a clean up the stubbs job.

Still did it SRT. ;)

Just one half decent sized Oak Rich, but nothing massive. Got 2 days of stripping ivy from 70ft woodland Ash next week. I think provided I get lines set easily enough with the throwline then it will come into its own for that job.

The should do it mate. Ivy removals are a PITA but i find them surprisingly satisfying afterwards.

Just one half decent sized Oak Rich, but nothing massive. Got 2 days of stripping ivy from 70ft woodland Ash next week. I think provided I get lines set easily enough with the throwline then it will come into its own for that job.

Dead easy on SRT.

Blast your throw line over the top of everything, pull your rope through and base tie.

Get to the top and top tie.

Strip the Ivy on the way down.

Cup of tea.

Leave site 25% sooner than if you'd been working with a DRT system and email the invoice.

:thumbup1: