Haix lovers take note!!!

skyhuck

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always wore protector pros for the same reasons as you state, but had pair after pair (mine and employees) split along the sole and the steel insert came out. The last pair didn't make it to 6 months, which is obviously unacceptable, and the issue didn't appear to have been rectified.

I bought Arbortec Fellhunter experts at the last APF and they've been excellent - I am as happy in them as I was in the Haix and they seem to last forever! Give them a try next time you're buying, I think you'll be impressed.

I used to wear Haix as i found them very comfortable, but i wasn't happy only getting a year or 2 use out of them before the sole came off. I now wear Pfannor air tirrols- took a while to get them comfy but they are on their 4th year now and still look good, really comfy now too. But more of a groundsman/foresty boot id say- Pricey but tough as nails

I used to wear Haix as i found them very comfortable, but i wasn't happy only getting a year or 2 use out of them before the sole came off. I now wear Pfannor air tirrols- took a while to get them comfy but they are on their 4th year now and still look good, really comfy now too. But more of a groundsman/foresty boot id say- Pricey but tough as nails

How do you get so many years out of a pair of boots?? do you get them resoled?? My Haix sometimes have no tread left when they fail.

Agreed, i found haix sole quite soft and as said the sole was the downfall whereas im sure the uppers would have gone on for a fair bit longer, you can resole the pfanner air tirrols but not had to yet- i suppose if you are doing a lot of urban work on tarmac concrete etc they will wear quite a bit quicker- im in fields mainly.

I've just brought my most recent pair of Protector Pro - like you Huck, I find them amazingly comfortable, supportive and fit like a slipper.

I would also like to get a bit longer out of them, if I'm lucky I get a year but usually less. Haven't found a better option though.

How do you get so many years out of a pair of boots?? do you get them resoled?? My Haix sometimes have no tread left when they fail.

Just had mine resoled at about three and a half years old - the soles do wear really quite well (vibram) but they were quite bald.

New set of laces and a coat of wax and they look a fraction of their age.

They're not as slipperlike as the Haix but they seem idestructible so far.

I had a couple of weeks in my old Haix Tibet's whilst the Tirrols were getting resoled and even though they're properly worn out (and should have been binned) they are still sooooo comfy.

Edited by Chris Sheppard

Meindl Woodwalker for me too. The fitting is small though. Be prepared to only wear thin socks or go up a size if you want to wear socks with any form of padding.

At the end of Day 1 wearing mine both fourth toes were bleeding and my feet felt like they'd been in clamps but after a month I have to work to get the boots tight enough; the leather really moves in the boots' early days.

I have a couple of pairs of boots, pfanner air tirols for felling days and when spiking and a pair of wood walkers for any climbing without spikes. I am tempted to replace the current wood walkers with a pair of haix protector pros or air streams. I find one boot does not fit all tasks. Driving in the pfanner's is fun! They are a but like wearing what I imagine calipers feel like.