Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

Dan and old mill, thanks very much.:)

John P, as already said the 360 runs really well and you shoudnt need a 1/4 chain, the 2511 doesnt even need one, it runs great on a 3/8 too!

As spud said check the H and L needle settings, you will need a D shaped screwdriver and then give it a good few tank fulls to run in. I have the Standard settings in the workshop and will post them up here tomorrow.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, john p said:

Can you fit the 1/4 bar and chain to the 360tes? Just bought one and slightly underwhelmed

JP,  Yes yew can fit the 1/4 b&c to the 360TES.  Bear in mind though,  those tiny chains are no as robust as a 'chunkier' 3/8ths.   Make sure you have removed the spark screen,  that saw is quite different to the 2511 TES in that it takes quite a few tank fulls for it to loosen up.  The 360 is quite a robust saw and will swerve you well.   Failing that my mate has a mint low mileage stihl 201T fer sale if ya can't gel with the Echo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spudulike said:

Had a 360 in and was not happy at high revs - the H screw was a bit lean IMO, richened it right up until it was farting like a granny on beans and then leaned it until it was revving well - made all the difference!

shud send my 360 yo u fer tuning,  it has a 'de-cat' exhaust which shud make a difference.  I reckon a muff modded one wood give a MS200T a run fer it's money.  Wonder how they wood react to porting?   Shud send about 7 saws to you really!

JP,  Yes yew can fit the 1/4 b&c to the 360TES.  Bear in mind though,  those tiny chains are no as robust as a 'chunkier' 3/8ths.   Make sure you have removed the spark screen,  that saw is quite different to the 2511 TES in that it takes quite a few tank fulls for it to loosen up.  The 360 is quite a robust saw and will swerve you well.   Failing that my mate has a mint low mileage stihl 201T fer sale if ya can't gel with the Echo.

I'll put a few more tanks through it, it's not bad bad just lacks a bit of top end pep, love my tiny echo, revs it's bollox off, I'm sure this one will catch up!

On 10/22/2017 at 23:15, Mark_Skyland said:

...As spud said check the H and L needle settings, you will need a D shaped screwdriver and then give it a good few tank fulls to run in. I have the Standard settings in the workshop and will post them up here tomorrow.

To save you the effort as I've got it open. 360TES

Starting position

Hi    2 3/8

Low 1 7/8

Idle  1 1/8

Obviously worth checking yours has the correct carb for these initial settings, you never know! And I'd echo the comments about them often being set up lean, all 3 of my Echo 2 strokes benefitted from fattening up.

Echo Carb Adjustment Table ~ EU spec. < There's a link in post #1that'll let you open or download the Echo specs and procedure for adjustment, then tweak to your preference. HTH

• Like 2

On 24/10/2017 at 09:56, BishBashBosh said:

To save you the effort as I've got it open. 360TES

Starting position

Hi    2 3/8

Low 1 7/8

Idle  1 1/8

Obviously worth checking yours has the correct carb for these initial settings, you never know! And I'd echo the comments about them often being set up lean, all 3 of my Echo 2 strokes benefitted from fattening up.

Echo Carb Adjustment Table ~ EU spec. < There's a link in post #1that'll let you open or download the Echo specs and procedure for adjustment, then tweak to your preference. HTH

:thumbup1:

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting thread. I've wondered for a while about getting an Echo and while I wouldn't be in a pickle if a part couldn't be got within a couple of weeks, I'd still be wondering why I'd bought a saw, where spares had an unknown availability .