Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

3 minutes ago, arbogrunt said:

Just broke my little 2511 emoji856.png
It's taking ages for the spares to arrive after being ordered from Japan. That's 3 Echos down for spares now...anyone else had problems?

If the UK importer doesnt have spares in stock it can take quite awhile to get them in from Japan unfortunately.  I have had to strip parts of a new saw before now due to the waiting time.

Just out of interest what parts have broken? I only ask as we are increasing our stock if spares and it's good to know what needs replacing more often.

Hey guys, thanks for all the good information on this forum and this thread in particular.

I'm in Canada where the cs2511t is just being released. I've been reading about your experiences and want to run the 10" 1/4"pitch 0.43 gauge Stihl b/c.

Unfortunately everyone(including the dealer and echo canada) is telling me the 1/4" spur sprocket/clutch drum is unavailable here. It came with the 3/8" p spur sprocket/clutch drum and a 14" 3/8" P, 0.50 b/c [emoji20]

Are there any parts suppliers on here that might ship one across the water? I know it's a small order, I could add a few things to try to make it worth their while.

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Similarly I couldn't get the sprocket in NZ. I'm instead running 1.1mm 3/4 inch which means you can use the original sprocket. Obviously with less cutters than the 1/4inch set up the cut isn't the same, but it pulls it well and is much easier to sharpen. The parts should be readily available as they are used on polesaws etc

3 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

If the UK importer doesnt have spares in stock it can take quite awhile to get them in from Japan unfortunately.  I have had to strip parts of a new saw before now due to the waiting time.

Just out of interest what parts have broken? I only ask as we are increasing our stock if spares and it's good to know what needs replacing more often.

the rear AV on my 2511, a chainbrake band on my 8002 and the throttle pin on my 501...Echo should get a UK stock of spares squared away ASAP, great saws, but for smaller firms and people starting up, quick turnaround on saw repairs, are definitely a reason for purchasing a machine. If these were Husky or Stihl machines, I would be sorted within a week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arbogrunt said:

the rear AV on my 2511, a chainbrake band on my 8002 and the throttle pin on my 501...Echo should get a UK stock of spares squared away ASAP, great saws, but for smaller firms and people starting up, quick turnaround on saw repairs, are definitely a reason for purchasing a machine. If these were Husky or Stihl machines, I would be sorted within a week.

Thanks a lot for the info.:thumbup1:

Spare parts for all brands is something we are focusing on. We carry way more stock than the small number items we show on our web site, just takes a fair bit of time to take photos, write descriptions etc.

Hope you get your saws sorted asap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Thanks a lot for the info.:thumbup1:

Spare parts for all brands is something we are focusing on. We carry way more stock than the small number items we show on our web site, just takes a fair bit of time to take photos, write descriptions etc.

can recommend skyland for parts. Needed a worm great for the oil pump on a husky t540 a while back. Nearest husky dealer didn't keep them in stock (common part i'd have thought?!) so was a 5 day wait, was on my doorstep the next day from skyland, and half the price!

Thanks a lot for the info.thumbup1.gif.b3bf398c4e4c934001283d01d1645efa.gif

Good to know. I get almost all spare parts for my Husky saws from you already.
Excellent service at Skyland peeps.