Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

Can I please ask people with the cs2510tes to check how secure the air filter is? Ie can you easily pop the orange clup off with you finger or does it need a screwdriver?

Also if your metal loop that is used to attach a strop to is silver it needs swapping for the uprated black version.

Thanks

Can I please ask people with the cs2510tes to check how secure the air filter is? Ie can you easily pop the orange clup off with you finger or does it need a screwdriver?

Also if your metal loop that is used to attach a strop to is silver it needs swapping for the uprated black version.

Thanks

You can just about undo it with a thumbnail.

I don't see it coming off in the tree

I have both, the echo is the better saw in build, oiling, power, and smaller in size, I also like the side handle as it curves towards the back of the saw, useful for trying to avoid one handing on a long reach to a cut.

Thanks, I had an echo top handle a few years ago, forget he model number but had same side handle which I liked, wasn't overly keen on the build though. Gonna be buying one of these smaller saws when passing a dealer, most likely the stihl, but the echo keeps making me look!

Thanks, I had an echo top handle a few years ago, forget he model number but had same side handle which I liked, wasn't overly keen on the build though. Gonna be buying one of these smaller saws when passing a dealer, most likely the stihl, but the echo keeps making me look!

I urge you to give the echo a go, you won't be disappointed with it for sure, maybe worth getting one from Rob D of chain saw bars on here :001_smile:

I was in the same boat lads.

I've used the 150 for as long as it's been out. Recently bought the 2510 for myself.

It's not had an easy start to life. The last 3 days have been spent on a huge lapsed willow pollard with 20+ years regrowth. Some serious tension and compression going on.

The 2510 I own is running the same B&C as the 150 I use, so it's a level playing field.

The Echo is smaller, lighter and more powerful. A lot more torque for cutting over car length (I've been cutting 16" willow over the last couple of days) and it revs quick and high for snedding out small branches.

The only unknown for me is durability, which only time will tell, but it feels very solid. I prefer the build quality over the echo.

I was cynical at first but I made the good choice. IMO there isn't one good reason to buy the Stihl, though I'm open to suggestions.

My echo has the silver chainsaw attachment and mine came off in the tree, went to echo about it and they said they are looking into it, have they brought out a new version now then?

Yes it is black, the 'legs' that slot into the metal bar are longer so they go through the plastic casing more.

Yes it is black, the 'legs' that slot into the metal bar are longer so they go through the plastic casing more.

Heya Butters, same thing happened to me, the gent i spoke to at echo UK was excellent in replacing the old lanyard attachment for the new plus he sent out a new side case as mine cracked making its way out of the tree.