Anyone tried a panel van for delivering logs?

Woodworks

Just considering alternative vehicles for deliveries. Running a pickup at present. It guzzles fuel and leaves the logs exposed to the elements which have not been kind this year. All our logs get handballed into the truck so being able to tip in makes no odds. Just wondering about a Connect or Dispatch panel van with a load handler on the floor. Any other alternative solutions considered.

Thanks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have used an LDV Maxus for the last 4 years, works well.

You can get 3 cube bags in it and because it's ULW is only about 1700kg it's not overloaded! Easy enough to drag the loaded bags about by the handles to get nearer to the doors, although it has a side load door as well so that helps.

BTW it will soon be for sale as we are finishing with logs!

ifor-williams-trailer-cover.jpg

Something like that no good or do you not want to tow a trailer?

Box trailer is better when its wet, but pulling a trailer behind a 4x4 makes its Tacho time.

10 foot x 5 foot IFW gets 2 x 1 cu m bags in easily, might do 3 900m square ones but I dont use those. Think you would want a 12 footer to get 3 bags and a pump truck on.

A

I use a transit panel van and load 3 bulk bags in back with trackor then handball them out with a huge plastic wheelbarrow. The barrow makes light work of it. I have just installed a Penny Hydraulics 500kg swing lift in the back, its lifts bags in/out with ease now. I can also drag the bulk bags about in the van on my own (ply floor). Trailers are a no go round here, drives are too tight, roads too small and too hard to reverse in the rain/dark lol.