How was your day?

Mick Dempsey

Had a very good day yesterday. Finished grinding out a load of big bay clumps for this French chap, in good time, nice bloke who offered me a beer or a glass of red at 0930! He kept bringing in his neighbours to see the machine working and kept telling me that he would get me more work in the village if he could. When he paid up he said, hang on a minute I've got something for you for doing a good job. He came out of the house with a carrier bag with three very old, filthy bottles of wine. Two were 1986 burgundy, the third was a bottle of Emilius de Trimoulet 1996. I said that I couldn't take them, but thank you anyway, they were too good to give away. I don't drink red he said. The label on the Emilius was scratched and manky, I thought the date was 1990, looked it up on the Internet, worth €300! On closer inspection it was a 96, couldn't find anything about it.

Like to think that I would have took it back to him if it was worth something like the €300 or at least split the proceeds with him. Someone like that makes all the pillocks that you deal with worthwhile. Today has had a crap start, the tame Jock made porridge, bleeding dreadful, never the same consistency, I'm like sodding Goldilocks. May well render the walls with it later.

One thing after another at the minute. Just heard from the saw shop my 460 has seized. It was 5 years old and had been thinking about upgrading to the 461 anyway as it happens. Think i'll run the new machine on Aspen.

Consider sending it to Spud mate. For the price of a new aftermarket piston and if the cylinder can be salvaged you'll get £400 easily on EBay for it.

In a word, Crap! Had a 5am start as we were working in London. De-ivying pretty bit Ash and Sycamore so really not the best of jobs anyway. Satnav took me right into the centre of the city somehow, got to see all the sites and had the privelege of paying the congestion charge. Finally got to site about 9:45. 2 days were allowed for the job but we were getting on well so knuckled down to get the whole job done to save going back tomorrow. Figured I would treat myself to a couple glasses of wine to unwind with, so stopped in tescos on the way home around 9:15pm. Got out of the truck and heard a loud hissing sound. Bloody puncture just to round my day off. And just to make it worse i'm trading the truck in next month and was really hoping the tyres would last till then(they are on their last legs). Now looking likely that i'll probably have to replace the tyre as well as the one on the opposite side just so they are even.

Sometimes its really not worth getting out of bed.

At least you got a 2 day job done in a day! My 2 two day job turned into a 3 day job due to mog-trouble

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1458069063.619063.jpg.7f2a5b18175327e2561f96f1c6ca5599.jpg

I might well do that, along with 2 ms200t's and my 150

I don't think you'll regret it mate. I was in the market for a 60cc saw. It was either buy a 560xp, or buy a scrapper 357 and send it Spuds way.

I went for the latter. Cost half the price of a new 560xp, and it's brilliant.

Was ringing up an ash stem today best to one of the lads. He was using my 441 on a 20" bar. I was on the 357 on a 15" bar. 25" timber, and I was still beating him!