Decent people/clients

daveindales

So, I went last week to price up a few jobs. Furthest one away was about 17 miles. Small white beam, good shape, nothing wrong with it. Told this to the client who offered me some petrol money for taking a look at the job. I said no, as I was passing nearby anyway.

Anyway, he must of found out where I live, and when I got home later in the week, there was a box of shortcake biscuits, hand delivered to the wife, as a thankyou.

Still some decent folks out there.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I went last week to price up a few jobs. Furthest one away was about 17 miles. Small white beam, good shape, nothing wrong with it. Told this to the client who offered me some petrol money for taking a look at the job. I said no, as I was passing nearby anyway.

Anyway, he must of found out where I live, and when I got home later in the week, there was a box of shortcake biscuits, hand delivered to the wife, as a thankyou.

Nice. Hopefully they will tell people that you are trustworthy too. :001_smile:

Just ace that is :thumbup1::thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup::thumbup1:

Shame it's not like that in Britain :thumbdown:

They do exist.

Big shout out (although he's not on here) to Pete Fordham MBE. Pete is the woodland warden for the Suffolk Wildlife Trust. He is so mad about woodland that he comes and helps me for free on his days off from Bradfield Woods!

If anyone is in or around Suffolk it's well worth paying Bradfield Woods a visit. Continually managed as coppice since the 1200's. Marvellous place, and the inspiration for me to blag my way into woodland management.:thumbup:

Well done Dave. It's called karma. Now pass it on with another good deed and so it goes on.

Here's one - our plumber came round this morning on his day off to do a little fix. No charge. Back next month to sort the kitchen we're fixing and wrote the date on our calendar on the way out.

Kindness, like ignorance, is infectious.