The 35 in a 60 Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

The local cycle racing club practice near where I live and on the industrial estate where I have my workshop. They cycle 6 abreast and more in the pitch black at high speed. Almost impossible to see most times till they are on top of you. What makes them think they are exempt from the law I dont know, but I am still amazed there hasnt been a lorry or something drive right into a big bunch of them!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure most of these drivers are also members of the 45 on the motorway club. There's a half mile filter lane near here that is also the on ramp for the previous junction. There's always a bit of jockeying, vehicles getting on and off, but a car doing 40 on the inside lane Saturday caused mayhem with wagons trying to exit the on ramp being blocked by the tailback of vehicles behind it trying to get off.

And the drivers are always hunched over the steering wheel oblivious to what's going on around them.

I'm sure most of these drivers are also members of the 45 on the motorway club. There's a half mile filter lane near here that is also the on ramp for the previous junction. There's always a bit of jockeying, vehicles getting on and off, but a car doing 40 on the inside lane Saturday caused mayhem with wagons trying to exit the on ramp being blocked by the tailback of vehicles behind it trying to get off.

And the drivers are always hunched over the steering wheel oblivious to what's going on around them.

And , and , what about the wrist job that poodles along the on slip and then stops at the end !!!

Similar challenges around these parts as well. During season between October and May the traffic is horrible. Couple that with lower fuel prices and the congestion is much worse.

The police will not stop someone going below the speed limit, unless your on the interstate than it has been said you could get a ticket for going below the speed limit.

Does not matter which lane you travel in if you are stuck behind one of these pin heads or frog heads you are pretty much doomed, unless you can find your way around them only to have them roll up next to you at the next intersection!, how is this possible I will never know?. I have one stretch where the posted speed is 45 MPH and I will encounter most of the traffic plogging along at 25 to 35 MPH and think nothing about where they are or headed and especially with new round a bouts installed which direction to travel in.

Forget about which lane to travel in, these frog heads will go in the opposite direction and crash right into on coming traffic. I leave for work shortly to endure another morning commute battling wits with the frog heads and counting the minutes until I get to the office or wear house. UGH!!!.

easy-lift guy

(i) The numpties, both sexes who simply cannot turn in left, in a humble wee car, without swerving out first.

(ii) Indicators, whot's them, I now regularly enter roundabouts with the window down and left hand ready over the horn, To point and blare at the right turners without indicators.

(iii) Dorks who swing into their drive of an evening, and then expect the traffic to stop for the AS they blindly reverse out.

(iv) Persons who should NOT be allowed to drive on narrow rural roads,

cos (i) they dont want to get their car dirty,

or(ii) dont know their bloody width (& shiney clean Land Cruiser Drivers are Included)

(v)Those super-safety conscientous drivers who stop on a blind crest or bend to answer ther mobile phone, generally stopping 2 or 3 feet from the verge.

(vi) Mobile ph users who stop near a "slap" but refuse to pull in cos they might get the car dirty.

I could go on . . .

and on

and on

and on, but i wont

Ted, how far do you commute and how long does it take you?

Roughly 35 miles RT, unless I travel to the stamper to pick up stock. Than it would be more like 70 miles. More miles equal more frog heads and more frustration. I will take working in the office or wear house over traveling on the roads with these type every time.

easy-lift guy