When people baulk at paying for...

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those who think he over charged and should have done it for free then please put your money where you mouth is and do your very next job for nothing or next to nothing, obviously it must be a new customer.

Surely his business is ran by charging people for his service and goods, that sort of falls down flat if he gives it away or does it for little or no profit?!

Besides it's all irrelevant as she didn't have to go in there in the first place, what kind of idiot knows the cost of something, buys it then complains about the cost afterwards?:confused1: Unless the cafe owner dragged her in off the street and made her buy it but that's a different story.

I don't think you get it do you!!!..

The complaint ain't about being charged its about being ripped off..

two pound for a slice of lemon, GTFOH..

And I've lost count of the times I've done jobs for next to nothing.. various reasons an all that..

there's the old lady with the branch catching her on the way out the house, "you couldn't do me a favour and cut this branch off why your here would you love".

Course I can, now did you mention a cup of coffee.

now what have I gained by cutting off this annoying branch?.. first off I've helped someone out.. I was there and why wouldn't I?..

secondly, and in some ways more importantly, I've just saved her from some arsehole who would of turned up and charged her fifty quid for a two minute job

Thats worth all the tea in china..

And I've lost count of the times I've done jobs for next to nothing.. various reasons an all that..

there's the old lady with the branch catching her on the way out the house, "you couldn't do me a favour and cut this branch off why your here would you love".

now what have I gained by cutting off this annoying branch?.. first off I've helped someone out.. I was there and why wouldn't I?..

secondly, and in some ways more importantly, I've just saved her from some arsehole who would of turned up and charged her fifty quid for a two minute job

Thats unfair:thumbdown:

If you are going just to do that job there must be a minimum charge, as it will take a slice of your day and cost you real money. If your already there and your costs are covered by the job you'r there to do, a freebie will cost you little too nothing.

That's possibly the silliest thing I've read for a long time.

I don't think you get it mate. It's not just a slice of lemon. The rent, bills, wages all cost. This person wasn't in desperate need of that drink, and was wrong to walk in, get their order taken, and served, for nothing. If you can't afford it, don't go in!

As for your freebie, no problem if you're working next door, but if that person had called you out of your house, to drive out to do that job, you're losing money by not charging.