When people baulk at paying for...

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless i am incredibly lucky but i have a had a unbelievable amount of good will shown to me over the years, business lunches, spare parts, free labour, and gifts for doing awkward jobs for people,

Having a mutually beneficial business relationship which results in freebies is completely different from an unknown going into a cafe and expecting a hot drink (to sit in) for free.

There's more to this than Ty's original post. The 'customer' actually went to a ratings type website to disparage the restaurant, cafe or whatever it was, so presumably had an intention of hurting the business.

Cup of water aside, I personally wouldn't dream of going into an eatery of any sort, sitting down and not paying for something to eat or drink. The business survives by having bums on seats paying their way.

To all those who think he over charged and should have done it for free then please put your money where you mouth is and do your very next job for nothing or next to nothing, obviously it must be a new customer.

Surely his business is ran by charging people for his service and goods, that sort of falls down flat if he gives it away or does it for little or no profit?!

Besides it's all irrelevant as she didn't have to go in there in the first place, what kind of idiot knows the cost of something, buys it then complains about the cost afterwards?:confused1: Unless the cafe owner dragged her in off the street and made her buy it but that's a different story.

To all those who think he over charged and should have done it for free then please put your money where you mouth is and do your very next job for nothing or next to nothing, obviously it must be a new customer.

Surely his business is ran by charging people for his service and goods, that sort of falls down flat if he gives it away or does it for little or no profit?!

Besides it's all irrelevant as she didn't have to go in there in the first place, what kind of idiot knows the cost of something, buys it then complains about the cost afterwards?:confused1: Unless the cafe owner dragged her in off the street and made her buy it but that's a different story.

You are posting as though the whole thread is about the "lemon water" situation, the thing is TY is using that to justify the extra charges on a paying job. So maybe he is being fair or maybe he is TTP, I don't know which :001_smile:

I have a 90euro local call out fee for drone rescues.

I'm completely indifferent as regards to whether it is a childs Christmas/birthday present or the clients ability to pay.

It's my job, no concessions.

Same with my woodchip.

I sell by the m3, I've several adverts out there and a steady trade going but I regularly get people asking to fill a bin or bags and expect it for free because of the small quantity.

I charge for these things because they are not basics essential to life and are items people buy with disposable income.

In response to that I'm going to sell small quantitiès in sacks.

That should knock the freeloaders on the head.

I've doing a job for a charity in Rennes.

I'm pretty sure (judging by quality cars outside) that the administrators are not on a tree surgeons salary.

Going rate applies with extras charged at time.

Ty