Tony Martin, again!

TimberCutterDartmoor

There was a lot more to his case than simply shooting 2 burglars.

And as much as I think anyone should have the right to protect the property, personally I don't feel he should be allowed to have a license, it appears he don't need one anyway ? if they have found anything this time it will be second known time he has been in possession of an illegal firearm.

Was there? as I understand it 2 burglars entered his property without his consent, he attempted to protect himself/his property with a shotgun that was judged to be illegally held only on the basis that it was capable of holding more than 2 cartridges in the magazine, it isn't as if he was in possession of an assault rifle.

There was of course the issue of where he actually opened fire from but IMO that's a case of muddying the waters, bottom line if the burglers hadn't been in his property without his consent they'd wouldn't have been shot.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of sympathy with the Tony Martins of this world. If the government wants to avoid people taking the law into their own hands they need to give the police the resources they need.

As things stand, the police aren't able to provide adequate cover for urban areas, as recent debates on voluntary Street Wardens have shown. If you're in the sticks, look to your own defences.

I have a lot of sympathy with the Tony Martins of this world. If the government wants to avoid people taking the law into their own hands they need to give the police the resources they need.

As things stand, the police aren't able to provide adequate cover for urban areas, as recent debates on voluntary Street Wardens have shown. If you're in the sticks, look to your own defences.

not just the sticks ,:thumbdown:theres even less hobby bobbys now, well seems that way :thumbdown:

I have always been of the opinion that if he hadn't had that gun those burglars would have beaten him to death. And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, rural police are lacking in resourses. We are suffering with a crime wave at the moment and the inability of the police to catch or even investigate just seems to encourage crime ! We are left to sort the problem ourselves and no doubt will be the bad guys when we catch the shits !

I have always been of the opinion that if he hadn't had that gun those burglars would have beaten him to death. And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, rural police are lacking in resourses. We are suffering with a crime wave at the moment and the inability of the police to catch or even investigate just seems to encourage crime ! We are left to sort the problem ourselves and no doubt will be the bad guys when we catch the shits !

true, I live in a rural area and the three closest police stations have been closed down, little shits know the nearest coppers are miles away and don't even respond to "minor crime". Have had both my car and van damaged in the past year, even caught them trying to break in to it in broad daylight police not interested, so bought a spare pickaxe handle last time I was at the builders yard.:thumbup: