Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Front steer, reverse drive 💪🏻

with the hydro gearbox I really don’t think it can be beat for this work!

FC24396C-F1B5-4951-80C9-777C78812C87.jpeg

Safer. my brother has the pivot steer, very similar to yours. Some day it will crush someone's foot. It's an accident waiting to happen. Apart from that it's a great little tractor. He uses it mostly in polytunnels with a bedformer on the back, it lives well inside its comfort zone. Never seen a hill!

On 19/09/2022 at 17:33, dumper said:

Careful when in reverse they suck mowings into the radiator overheat really quick, I put a fine mesh over the radiator made clearing easieralways used to take compressor and blow gun 

Yep that’s the only pisser with the alpines, even in normal drive. Topping with a flail in reverse or harrowing in forward I was having to keep an eye on the engine temp and clear the rad every 10-15 mins, 

supposedly the Canfix (?) system where you can reverse the fan and blow out the rad is the way to go. 
Awesome tools though. Mine was an AG850.

3 hours ago, Commando said:

Yep that’s the only pisser with the alpines, even in normal drive. Topping with a flail in reverse or harrowing in forward I was having to keep an eye on the engine temp and clear the rad every 10-15 mins, 

supposedly the Canfix (?) system where you can reverse the fan and blow out the rad is the way to go. 

Not quite an alpine tractor in the common style, but I used to work an AEBI terratrac with front flail and rear hedge cutter.(Lovely but massive expense - I had a V. wealthy employer!) It had electric fans which would periodically reverse to blow out chaff and dust. Perhaps electrics could be fitted to yours?

9 hours ago, Commando said:

Can't see why you'd have a problem harrowing?

Reverse fans are fitted as standard to a lot of things these days such as ag spec telehandlers.

First proper day in the woods with the AGT850 and Igland winch. Fair to say I've had lots of fun!

Only issue I'm finding is being able to confidentially position the tractor, and bury the winch. When I lower it down on the linkage, it just floats on the surface. Sure, once I've pulled a but it'll dig in a small amount, but I've had to resort to parking up against stumps for the most part. Now that's not easy when your cutters keep things nice and low 😂 

Could it be worth checking hydraulic fluid etc? Any ideas folks?

20221124_133903.jpg

20221124_133913.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IronMike said:

First proper day in the woods with the AGT850 and Igland winch. Fair to say I've had lots of fun!

Only issue I'm finding is being able to confidentially position the tractor, and bury the winch. When I lower it down on the linkage, it just floats on the surface. Sure, once I've pulled a but it'll dig in a small amount, but I've had to resort to parking up against stumps for the most part. Now that's not easy when your cutters keep things nice and low 😂 

Could it be worth checking hydraulic fluid etc? Any ideas folks?

20221124_133903.jpg

20221124_133913.jpg

It’s pretty normal for 3pl to drop only by gravity/weight (not forced down). You can drop it and then reverse a bit to get some bite if necessary.
Depending on how your linkage control works make sure it can continue to float/drop further when the winch pulls itself into the ground (ie it isn’t locked into position). This can be an issue sometimes with electric controlled linkages if you turn the tractor off and back on for example. 

• Like 1

reverse back with the tractor as you drop it. adjust the top link a bit too- I like a hydraulic one to find the sweet spot to get it to bite. 

on hard ground, you just won’t dig in that much with such a lightweight tractor and winch. It is what it is, your linkage looks to be working perfect out and has plenty more room to drop- you could test this by reversing up to a hole and dropping the winch in.