Conifer Takedown help

padman

Hey Kevin, you have a point about presentation, and you're right about written quotes, although I'd always tell them straight off on a job as simple as this, we can only speculate about Padman's sales patter but......

I have never in 20 years on both sides of the channel been asked for qualifications.

Ps Padman, we've done our bit, now tell us what YOU quoted.

I get asked very rarely for tickets, mainly when subbing on construction sites, which I hate.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive seen people get work because its one of the most expensive quotes.

I think some people believe the higher the quote dictates the quality of the job when thats just not the case.

Perhaps its how you are presenting yourself thats costing you work.

Difficult to price any job on pictures alone with no clue as to logistics,wage demands and running costs,but 2 men approx 5 hours is 400-450 job lot.

Hi guys I am really struggling getting any tree work of late. I am quoting quite a bit but just not getting them. I would say I miss about 70% of my quotes. :blushing:

So would love a bit of help with this one please if you don't mind.

The photos are of a tree I am just about to quote. Its a complete take down and remove stump.

Access is good through a gate and chipper will be very close as you can see. There is a shed behind so some rigging will be needed. Lot of stuff in garden so I cant just fell it in one go. Typical small suburban garden I suppose.

Cant get a big stump grinder in as it is through a gate I would say the stump left will be a max 3 foot wide.

Couple of questions is how long would it take you. I work with one other person who is just a labourer so i have to do all the chainsaw work myself for now, he just drags, holds ropes for rigging and pops stuff through the chipper. My old mucker has gone and left to live the life in Spain so this guy is new to tree work.

What sort of price just roughly should I be going in at. I have a price in mind so will see what you guys say first before i tell you what I was going to quote:thumbup:

Cheers

Hi mate £2k and then you will get the job mate thanks that's with a littie profit to thanks happy Xmas Jon

Your client is getting a few quotes in no doubt, so if you fancy getting as much as you can you could say £600 for the connie, but i wouldn't think you'd get it,no matter how good your presentation/sales patter is,but you never know. More than likely you've got to say £500 and we all know how connies have a habit of slapping you in the face, so allow all day for just you two doing it.

Ash £800 3 men smash it in a day if we were struggerling I know a farmer who will come with a massive trailer and loader tractor for the wood!we all miss jobs threw price I priced a big conifer hedge 55 trees very dense been topped before regrown to 65ish foot stump grind access realy good I thort I was cheap at 4500 but before Christmas it would of been a nice touch!some 1 didn't just beat me they went in at 3000 not sure how it would pay at that!