More bad news stateside...

hiluxstihl

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you mean "sorry I'm not sorry"

Anyway I don't care, it's no big deal, all I'm saying is most of us do dodgy stuff occasionally, this guy was 19 and it was his first day on the job, I imagine he was trying to get a wiggle on and impress.

It's a pretty harsh consequence for a mistake made so young.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

i am one of those people who speaks their mind.

i apologise if people don't like it.

im the same... I wouldnt go work in a chemical plant and drink something that looks like water or wash my hands in a random container... we can all make mistakes i suppose but at trees you have the aptitude or you dont!

Totally horrendous, so sad for everyone concerned, I'm sure mistakes were made but none of those involved deserve this misery, I'm sure they were all just trying to get things done.

I would wager that those who have posted rather thoughtlessly don't have children, my eldest son works with me, he is 19, this thread makes my blood run cold.

My heart goes out to all concerned, the family, the firm owner and the workers, for all of them life will never be as it was before this tragedy, very, very sad.

someone needs charging with somethin for this.

How anyone can leave a kid unsupervised next to a machine that can kill people is beyond belief..

its a shame but he aint a kid he's old enough to get married,vote and drink ,cars kill more people than chippers who do you charge for an employee not having any common sense

its a shame but he aint a kid he's old enough to get married,vote and drink ,cars kill more people than chippers who do you charge for an employee not having any common sense

Was he trained? Did he know how to use the equipment properly? If you haven't used the gear before how do you not know that kicking stuff in is not acceptable? One of the things I was taught during my H&S courses was to look past the obvious. How was he even able to get his foot to the feed rollers if the infeed tray was the correct length to prevent this? There's a heap of questions and pointing the finger at someone without having done due investigation is pretty poor form.

Was he trained? Did he know how to use the equipment properly? If you haven't used the gear before how do you not know that kicking stuff in is not acceptable? One of the things I was taught during my H&S courses was to look past the obvious. How was he even able to get his foot to the feed rollers if the infeed tray was the correct length to prevent this? There's a heap of questions and pointing the finger at someone without having done due investigation is pretty poor form.

would you stick your leg in a great whites mouth if somebody didn't give you a course on working with sharks