Up to yer nuts in it thread

aspenarb

That was totally my fault! We had cleared a wetland site and to do a tidy up simply chained a bog mat to the rear of the Dumper to drag around and remove all traces of wheel/track marks.

The best way is to drive the Dumper skip forwards and actually turn in the water as obviously you don't leave any marks there.

It worked brilliantly until there happened to be an old ditch literally a few feet into what we assumed was just inches of water, and we had been tracking past for weeks!

Fetched it straight out and no harm done thankfully, if it had been the other way around it would have been a write off!

Eddie.

Hi EDDIE how did get them out mate thanks Jon

Hi EDDIE how did get them out mate thanks Jon

The Tracked Dumper came out dead with my 5 tonne Kubota aided by a Valtra that had duals on all round.

Once it was out a little I slid a bog mat under the front of the tracks as a sledge to stop it digging in and the Valtra simply walked away with it to dry land about 30 metres away without any mess.

Very Lucky and yes look before you leap as the saying goes!

If you haven't been stuck, you've never done any!:thumbup:

Eddie.

Brings back a few memories,spent a year on a D7 in 1970/71.

Messed my ears up,and my back.

What did you say?

I spent years driving a Track Marshall 90 with a terrible cab, ploughing and discing. I still don't think that anybody can beat me at arm wrestling as the control levers were so hard to use.

The D7 is a dream to use as the track levers are power assisted on this machine, and I think not having a cab helps with the noise.

Also most of the time it is chugging at low revs whereas the TM 90 was at full revs.

In the summer after harvest we would disc the burnt stubbles with the TM and the heat from the hydraulics in the cab was so unbearable that we had to take the doors off but that meant black soot particles found their way into the cab and I looked like a coal miner! My lungs were so full of it that my handkerchief was black for a week afterwards! Yuk!

Once got my 16' dump bed truck (filled with wood) stuck in the lowland, right down to the axles. Dad had an army surplus 20 ton, two speed, hand crank, winch mounted on frame extensions on the front of our tractor. We chained the drawbar of the tractor to a handy stump and cranked it out using the low speed. It took awhile but eventually we got it back on solid ground

a few of these may have been on here before, there have been plenty of others though, including tractor and balers, quad bikes and plenty with my old landy 130 which used to sink for fun. Full credit to Eddie for getting me out on more than one occasion with the alstor and the tractor and baler :blushing:

IMAG1678.jpg.6e15b69572fe658f6d2aab4ce7bc9929.jpg

IMAG1677.jpg.13d3e3f7fa37f9b8e789cb5e40cc39ce.jpg

IMAG1676.jpg.e26c31d2807d223402978f1fd1b53d37.jpg

Fortunately I don't think any of the times I've been stuck were ever caught on camera, but we did have this happen a couple of years ago (and no I wasn't driving!).

It wasn't particularly steep sideslope but a few days later another driver put a botex trailer over in the same place.

We had the little Landini back on it's wheels within 15 minutes, had a cup of tea, checked the oil, and off it went again like nowt had happened. Only damage was it broke the glass of the wing mirror.

WP_000250.jpg.989ab361ff20d317c060300caf01e492.jpg

WP_000243.jpg.34ea14b034cbbdc7349724e743ab4845.jpg

WP_000244.jpg.2c1f34d723680b97c0c5112ae9a42d1e.jpg

Fortunately I don't think any of the times I've been stuck were ever caught on camera, but we did have this happen a couple of years ago (and no I wasn't driving!).

It wasn't particularly steep sideslope but a few days later another driver put a botex trailer over in the same place.

We had the little Landini back on it's wheels within 15 minutes, had a cup of tea, checked the oil, and off it went again like nowt had happened. Only damage was it broke the glass of the wing mirror.

thankfully you had a roll hoop on that