Garage let me down

Stefan Palokangas

Hello folks

Have this happen to you ?

I had my van in for MOT and it failed due to rust.

So left it at a guy having a garage and doing welding jobs and all sort of van jobs.

He told me I have it back within the week, so Saturday I went down to see if I could pick it up, but he had been so busy not had any time. OK ! so I rented a van doing the jobs, took 100 pounds off the profit. Next Saturday again I went down to pick up my van, he had done nothing to it, but promised me he will have it done within a few days. again next Saturday and the same again. 4 times ! This is a friend to a friend ..

Last night I was so angry i got a headache and shaking syndrome !

He was to get a MOT for it he says now, and if he get that done without sorting the problem then he think he done me a favor ?? I think not, i want my Van sorted right it is to do me years to come.

This guy is like a machine gun with excuses, i have spent a lot of money on van hire to get works done, Hired a van for a small job just to get it done, lost money on the work, but if i say a Sunday at 10:00 then it's a sunday at Ten. No matter what. Some folks have no idea how to treat customers, and my patience and politeness have dried out.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily I have a great welder guy and mechanic , main dealer all I'll say is balls I've had bad experiences from them.

With your situation I'd of gone elsewhere weeks ago, it is hard to get a decent welder tho. A local garage near me charges £70-80 per hr for welding dread to think what a dealer would charge.

decent size garage in my home town. never go anywhere else I know most of the mechanics by first name. my car isn't new enough to justify main dealer use.

get the van done by someone else he has already cost you enough energy time money and a bit of health. time to get out.

Might be an idea to buy a welder and watch a few utube vids on how its done..

But don't do what I did last year, welded all the wheel arches inside and out amongst other things, then inspected the chassis only to find its got more rust than metal under there...

three days of cutting and welding sheet metal for nothing, well, apart from the practice LOL..

I get my Vauxhall vivaro van serviced by an ex vauxhall mechanic who is brilliant and only charges £35 an hour. He isnt vat registered and I get receipts. I have a garage next door to me but the mechanic had a heart attack about a year ago and isnt really interested in the business. Pity as it was dead handy, but he took so long to do simple jobs it was cracking me up.

Some people shouldn't be in customer facing service markets. I think this is why I get so busy! It doesn't cost too much to text through your progress and of any delays or pull forwards plus options on costs of spares before money is spent.

Think it is about time these guys treat others how they would wish to be treated themselves!