Garage let me down

Stefan Palokangas

I think the mistake i did was to spend a lot on a machine and leave small money to the van. Started to buy a horse lorry van, due to my step daughter does horse jumping, and that was a wreck and got it for 2500 pounds down in England, went down in a train to York to get it, drove the wrong way home ended up in Edinburgh instead of Ayrshire area. And that i ended up cutting down due to it was to heavy with the machine, made a new body to it, and failed MOT and was way to much bother to sort, big problems on it. bought another van, took the body i built and made it fit on this other van. All in all this have costed me total of 5 thousand. By this time in my plan i had back then i would have bought another Predator the 50 or 75, it have been a huge setback for me and now this guy cant deliver. The van is from 01 drives very good, and all the back of it is body repaired and treated by myself, and i did a good job of it, now i have in total 6 areas where metal needs cut out below the cab and replaced and that is all, a small job.

This Van did me very good till i went in for an MOT. so 5 weeks of hire a van.. So i have done a lot of mistakes but i learn from them and i will jump back stronger and more determined then ever. I really wanted to have had a bigger machine by now, even try and get in to a big digger machine with an extra engine in the back, to driver the stump grinder wheel. I am to blame for it all and i cant put the blame elsewhere to be honest, i done wrong and i will learn from it. I'm not made of money and i have had to fight for every penny all my life with hard work. But looking back i should have had waited a little longer with buying the machine till i could have had afforded both a new machine and a new van, now it was a new machine and a old vans.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That above seems like just doom, perhaps it's just a reflection on how i feel about this van carry on, but the summer been real good. #up till that van MOT lol# but now i will get this done myself, and go out do a lot of good looking stumps out there, and leave plenty of happy customers behind me. Find a Climber and a Chipper guy for next summer when i start advertise for Tree Surgery.

You come across as a very honest hardworking guy Stefan, who knows more than a little about machinery.

Get your van back asap, and take it elsewhere.

If all else fails, drive it down to Kent.

My mate has a garage nearby and he'll sort it while you buy me beers all night, then you can drive it back next day.

You come across as a very honest hardworking guy Stefan, who knows more than a little about machinery.

Get your van back asap, and take it elsewhere.

If all else fails, drive it down to Kent.

My mate has a garage nearby and he'll sort it while you buy me beers all night, then you can drive it back next day.

Thank you very much Mark this depends on how a big drinker you are, might cost me an arm and a leg lol !

When you go into business for yourself you stick your neck out regularly. I could sit here and list dozens of errors I've made, bad machines bought, useless suppliers/service providers I've indulged for years, it's all easy in hindsight.

Just get it sorted and move on, if this is the worst mistake you've made all year you've done well.

Word :thumbup1:

Haven't read through all the thread but. If your anywhere near me I have a mig you can borrow . Gloucestershire I'm based.

Checked your facebook site, absolute awesome ! Thanks for offer, really kind of you Ian, thanks !! I'm the kind of person likes to pay for myself and like the feel I done this so this I sort out myself, and I will do a damn good job of it.. All your comments have proven I'm in the right and I will pick up my van and now I know for sure he is a bull shitter and I don't need to feel any guilt telling him that...

Haven't read through all the thread but. If your anywhere near me I have a mig you can borrow . Gloucestershire I'm based.

I seen your spider man lego, captain America in wood, how good is that, its great.. !! I know a woman having a shop selling all kind of things, she could have done buying things from you and put in her shelf. Do you mind me showing her your things on facebook, and contact you perhaps ?

I seen your spider man lego, captain America in wood, how good is that, its great.. !! I know a woman having a shop selling all kind of things, she could have done buying things from you and put in her shelf. Do you mind me showing her your things on facebook, and contact you perhaps ?

Thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

I don't mind at all they went down well at my stall today, I made a few blank ones and drawn and painted a Spiderman one and started iron man . It brought the customers in watching me work.

No problem with the bench let me know when your ready.