What would you look for in a groundie?

Stoatally

Non smoking, no drug taking grafter who does not have a mobile phone instead of fingers, brings his bait to work and does not need to be subbed his wage everyday. They would listen and not backchat with lip or how they no better because that's how they learnt it at college last week. Saw tickets, driving licence etc would be a bonus.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non smoking, no drug taking grafter who does not have a mobile phone instead of fingers, brings his bait to work and does not need to be subbed his wage everyday. They would listen and not backchat with lip or how they no better because that's how they learnt it at college last week. Saw tickets, driving licence etc would be a bonus.

And if you meet the above criteria you will get two shillings and sixpence per ten hour day.

And you WILL be grateful for it.

And if you meet the above criteria you will get two shillings and sixpence per ten hour day.

And you WILL be grateful for it.

I wouldn't say that was too much to ask. I take exception to the non-smoking part but then I would.

He's not asking for loads of qualifications, just a decent work ethic.

Does seem difficult to find at the moment though.

It's always a compromise. The day is long, the pay is short. I've had dozens of blokes dragging and chipping over the years, as I've got older I've become more tolerant of their little foibles. I don't suppose I'm a barrel of laughs to work with either. Emptying your bowels fully before work is a bonus. Sounds silly but the last thing I want to hear at 9.30 is "I need a crap"

Edited by Mick Dempsey

I wouldn't say that was too much to ask. I take exception to the non-smoking part but then I would.

He's not asking for loads of qualifications, just a decent work ethic.

Does seem difficult to find at the moment though.

I was joking Joe.

I guess I'm lucky, when I'm doing my own work the lad that normally helps me works for himself, so he knows what the score is. I'd hate to have to have someone on full time, I'd imagine it's a real PITA.

I was joking Joe.

I guess I'm lucky, when I'm doing my own work the lad that normally helps me works for himself, so he knows what the score is. I'd hate to have to have someone on full time, I'd imagine it's a real PITA.

It is. I'm intolerant by nature and every time I see someone dragging their feet or prattling about my stress levels spike. I'm working on being more loveable though!