Drowned refugee children

SteveA

Touching sentimentality, worrying naivety!

The contradictions within your apparent justification for sympathy are an insight to the problems of the future. (Possibly, one could say inevitably, including the potential for tanks to be rolling down a street near you sooner than you might imagine!)

Importing 1000's / 10s of thousands of religiously, culturally, ethnically diverse, emotionally traumatised, physically injured people into areas that are physically, socially, ethnically, culturally alien to them is hardly a recipe for civil harmony.

That you specifically highlighted the wealth and beauty of 1 particular individual is probably indicative of the haemorrhaging of the the middle classes (economic migrants) that will further delay and hinder the return of stability and prosperity to which ever region they have deserted.

A desperate situation? Undoubtably. Aid necessary & justified? Undoubtedly, BUT, injected into the region or the immediately adjacent areas of relative safety, not in the form of mass relocation across many countries until the 'country of choice' is reached.

You rightly highlight the 'tip of the iceberg' nature of what we are currently experiencing, and that alone should be enough to indicate the ludicrously naive and inadequate propositions of opening the borders.

So middle class Syrians are economic migrants, Just because she's well dressed with jewellery does that make the threat of war any less?

i suspect you would have run away from an army who would rape and kill your family, particulaly if you had no army on your side and had no means to defend yourself. comparing an civil war in Syria to world war 2 europe is a strange, and in my view not particularly helpful analogy.

Well President Assad has a fairly decent army..... The Middle East also has plenty guns....

I can assure you that many of the migrants aren't even from Syria....

I spent 6 months in Iraq and two years in the Middle East working as an engineer. Perhaps I'm more qualified to comment on these migrants than most here? I've seen some of the migrants give the "one God" ISIS hand signal. Do you not see problems for Europe by letting terrorists in?

We continually see that the NHS is under pressure and there are not enough houses etc, will letting in migrants help these problems?

So middle class Syrians are economic migrants, Just because she's well dressed with jewellery does that make the threat of war any less?

No, not at all. I wouldn't suggest such a thing. I would however question the legitimacy of one such person claiming "asylum" or "refugee status" when they reach their country of choice.

That's not fleeing danger but bandwagoning a situation in order to subvert immigration control.

I'll frame it in a way you can comprehend, William Wallace fought for his freedom from English oppression, he died trying to achieve that freedom, right now, you're so far away from the kind of man William Wallace was you'd need the hubble telescope positioned at the far end of the Milky Way to grasp the vast chasm between you and Wallace. He would not have been the kind of man to sit and utter the self defeatist words like you just have.

You'll frame it in a way I can comprehend!! Hubble telescope! William Wallace! Milky Way!

You're babbling nonsense.

You'll frame it in a way I can comprehend!! Hubble telescope! William Wallace! Milky Way!

You're babbling nonsense.

the point was that you need to confront a problem head on not ignore it and hope it goes away. The vast majority of people coming into Europe in recent months do not want to properly integrate into European culture, their religion demands of them total devotion to Allah - this is the opposite of the idea of multiculturalism, it's a monoculture and you and other self defeatist people like you would stand by and watch it all unfold, indifferent to your own demise.

Listen carefully at 0.36, you think that's the voice of tolerance?

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by scotspine1