roseyweb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looked up dibond, pretty expensive, prop get aluminium sheet cheaper

Ahh the eternal Yorkshireman raises his head

Like is said before

Dibond is expensive but that's the brand leader, I bought mine from Amari plastics (amaribond) and it was a fraction of the price

A guy I used to work for used the blue poly sheets 2 massive ones first one covered the front half of his trailer with loads of overhang left out to one side and then same idea but the other side for the back. He held it in place with those cheap plastic clamps. Once finished chipping we would put the excess back over the chip push it in so it didn't blow off and put tools like rakes etc etc on their to hold it down.

You can buy a sheet product called Aluminum Composite Panel. Its main trading name is dibond but other makes are available.

Its a plastic sheet with a paper thin ally sheet each side. It's feather light, neat and tidy and takes signwriting perfectly.

Its light enough and can be cut easily with hand or power tools

Thats the gear I used on one of the transits greedy boards , I glued it to 12mm ply. Backed up on ply its really tough and knock resistant .

001_zps01430085.jpg

You need to decide how tidy you want it, how much you you want to spend and how much of a weight penalty you can except.

My suggestion is thin galvanised tin riveted to existing frame if you can except the extra weight. Strong and not so heavy as you might think if thin gauge. I have seen plastic coated which looks good but more money than plain galvanised I expect.