Fuel Cards

18 stoner

I'm on Fastfuels from BWOC and my price is 92.96 this week so I guess they have a bit of discretion depending on your business. They do charge more than pump price for petrol though, also a surcharge to buy from Tesco or Morrisons.

I have now had the card declined at two Texaco stations, the first the cashier just refused it and when I insisted it was the only payment I had he rang it through and told me never to buy there again (shame as it is near my home and nearly on my route to work) then yesterday I fueled up a transit at 10:00 with £81 okay and then filled my van at 17:00 ,the EPOS machine verified my *pin* and declined the sale with "NOT AUTHORISED TRANSACTION CANCELLED". Cashier would not 'phone BWOC so I had to revert to arval which is pump price plus 2 quid.

I'm severely tempted to drop BWOC and go with shell if I can get a cheap deal and if there is no surcharge at motorway service stations, any feedback gratefully received.

Phone them up and tell them company x has offered 91ppl, match it or i'm off. They will.

I've had one card decline in 6 months, a pain in the arse but nothing more really. Luckily the driver had some cash on him. We rarely fill up at places other than the local stations. The land rover tipper only did 3500 miles between MOT's so it's not like we wouldn't be passing again within 24 hours if we had to leave name and address and go back to pay later.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just buy it in or bung a couple of 1000 ltr stillages on the truck and go to the cheapest local garage. £1.17p a litre was the last lot I bought, 99% of the time a truck thats filled at the yard can do a round trip on a tank. The upside is you dont have a cab full of blokes wasting time fuelling up or taking the card or cash and losing the receipts. There are also not many garages around here that you can get a lorry into.

image.jpg1_zpsopgv0wfd.jpg

and tip it straight into the bunded tank

image.jpg2_zpsopjxufsp.jpg

Bob

We have been with shell for approx 12yrs now as others have said certain garages are cheaper but it's less of a headache than making sure you got cash and credit cards in trucks for your journey before the euro came in it was a pain travelling in Europe you had to have French francs Deutschmarks Austrian shilling Polish zloty Hungarian florin it was only Belgium and Luxembourg that would take pounds then but luckily we had huge tanks so all trips around the UK where done with a smile and a saving

The euro shell card used to get you free polo shirts mugs Ferrari memorabilia in mainland Europe but all those loyalty cards are useless now with the shell card

It's the Right Fuelcard Company that I'm looking at. They're running off the back of Shell.

Currently they're offering 90.26p/l on diesel. There terms are tight though, credit is weekly + 5 days. Charging 1ppl for use in Morrison & Coop etc. Card fee is £1.50 a month. Minimum spend £200 a month.

With all the bits and bobs to keep a check on, I'm wondering how much the local garage will offer on account. They're currently £1.14 pl inc vat and I'm buying around £500 a month from them so might be worth an ask.

A haulier I used to drive for used the jet garage locally having an account plus a reward scheme back then. I don't know how good it is now by comparison to other schemes.

He saved a bit on buying in bulk back then and got treats every so often.

I'd be buying a caravan and living in the car park all week:biggrin:

I worked in a factory years ago where a guy did just that. He only ever spent Sundays at home. Looked like a pretty miserable existence :)

Fuel genie for us. Morrisons,tesco and im sure they have just added sainsbury now. Ive found this the best option because your never from from one of these options.we also have keyfuel but rarely use them .on the odd occasion they come in under supermarket price your never near one anyway

They're good providing you keep your eye on the price I have 2 when one starts taking the P stop using it completely then they phone and ask why, explain that the situation then the price goes back to a cheap one for a few months...the. Shortly after the other company will ask why you aren't using theirs and the cycle continues...