Struggling to get the clutch off my 550

Outlaw333

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Special tool part no. 502541601 this will fit into the clutch centre with a 19mm nut on the outside, you can then use a socket and impact wrench.

Or if you are creative, you can make a tool out of an old socket or a piece of sturdy plate steel, some dowels and a bit of brazing - just get creative or spend some dosh!

The husky ones without a hex boss are the worst but the tool makes it easier!

I have it down as 575 25 14-01 and it costs us dealers more than twice the price Mark paid for it so dont buy one from me:laugh1:

You on friendly terms with Mick then?:001_tongue:

They are great little bits of kit does make short work, although I do usually go for the give it a quick whack like already mentioned earlier on, if no joy the tool and an impact wrench.

I have it down as 575 25 14-01 and it costs us dealers more than twice the price Mark paid for it so dont buy one from me:laugh1:

You on friendly terms with Mick then?:001_tongue:

They are great little bits of kit does make short work, although I do usually go for the give it a quick whack like already mentioned earlier on, if no joy the tool and an impact wrench.

I am mates with Mick, but I think he said I had to bring Vaseline next time I met him?

£6 might have been totally wrong, but I remember it wasn't that much for the joy it bought me!ImageUploadedByArbtalk1435963092.787322.jpg.d07dfe264e0c3984a0bacff36435e957.jpg

This advert from eBay may or may not bear any relevance.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Its a lefthanded thread . I find if you make sure the decomp is poped out fully , with a aluminium or copper drift and a mallet a couple of sharp taps and it spins off . Compression is usually enough I find . There will be some little indicators / arrows for direction to spin off and some little flats to rest the drift on .

True - those outboard Husky clutches must be the easiest of all to (litterally) knock off. :biggrin:

There is ZERO need for any special tools - even a scrench and a suitable stick of wood works.

Edited by SawTroll

I am mates with Mick, but I think he said I had to bring Vaseline next time I met him?

£6 might have been totally wrong, but I remember it wasn't that much for the joy it bought me![ATTACH]185468[/ATTACH]

This advert from eBay may or may not bear any relevance.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

£6 buys a good dollop of vaseline ....enjoy Mark :biggrin: