Mainstream media, modern imperialism and the violence caused.

tommer9

compared to the previous generation who lived through a war is what i was driving at, just didt get my point across very well maybe.

I really don't see how you get to this point.

I have a brother that was born in 1957, he went to Grammar School (better educated) me or my next oldested sibling were not afforded such luxuries.

This stood my eldest brother in good stead and has paid dividends in his life. Me and the other one have made our own luck.

The later arrival of my brother and I coincided with some very hard times if you were in the north. As I say we made our own luck, and I am very proud of my eldest brother.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What she really needs though is a few cruise missiles launched on her village killing the Taliban and her remaining family....and If any ones survives maybe they will feel enough hatred to join the Taliban so some folk in a far away land can sign a new Trillion dollar agreement for the next generation missile that this time will be so accurate it only kills the bad guys ... Or will it???

But tbh honest though I'm not entirely concerned with the little girl and the Taliban call me selfish but more for the soldier who I grew up with who has to go out and pick up the pieces of her family from the missile strike who then gets blown up by an IED on the way back to base.

What else does the west do though? Leave the Taliban alone so they can provide sanctuary to the likes of Osama Bin Laden? Was that French man beheaded because of a missile strike in Afghanistan? Did that Tunisian kill 38 people because of something that happened in a different continent?

It is the blind faith in the hypocrisy of what NATO/ US/ or whatever forces of 'good' are doing that I am striving to point out.

Tommer, don't be so naïve mate, the vast majority of people in the west are educated to the point where almost everything that happens in politics is viewed with a sceptical eye. Some even look on the current political situation with abject cynicism (me for instance), and these people wont be anti-globalisation protesters wearing Vendetta Guy Fawkes masks or hard left activists, they'll be normal everyday folk who see the majority of politicians for what they are, self serving liars.

There are legitimate grievances in the world, there are genuine victims of war, oppression and political corruption. The problem with taking your point of view is that these genuine cases get lost in the mire of half baked conspiracy theories and farcical agendas that get wrapped up in "west against the rest" diatribes so beloved of multi-millionaire imbeciles like Russell Brand, David Icke and Michael Moore.

You talk about people having 'blind faith' in US/UK/NATO/western foreign policy but you displayed the same kind of unquestioning blind faith in that website Global Research. You posted a link by a Serbian politician who worked for Milosevic when he was carrying out genocide on Muslims in Bosnia as a way to support your argument that NATO is some kind of dark force in the world, you see the irony there?

Remember Tom, the world is essentially run by civil servants, government advisors and 100,000s of political lobbying groups each trying to influence the sitting governments. It's not run by the illuminati or the Freemasons, there is no New World Order, humans are too imperfect for that kind of venture to ever be successful.

Edited by scotspine1

For some strange reason you seem to be stuck on the idea of homosexuals, no idea why. The original post made NO mention of them. Are YOU capable of moving on??

Well the point that some are making on this thread is "they only attack us because we attacked them first". But since the homosexual community never attached Islam it shows that argument isn't very strong.

No matter what the west does regarding Islam we will be continually attacked.

@tommer - while i totally agree with your view of the world, i would like to add my disgust at the murderous state of israel. while ALL atrocities should be condemned, the media play with our emotions to get political brownie points for their masters. watch Russia Today for an alternative and enlightening narative.

@hodge - while i agree that life is short, enjoy it - i worry for the future that my children will have to face.

Israel is surrounded by enemies who would like that country removed from the face of the earth. It has to be strong. Any sign of weakness would lead to its downfall.

I have a brother that was born in 1957, he went to Grammar School (better educated) me or my next oldested sibling were not afforded such luxuries.

This stood my eldest brother in good stead and has paid dividends in his life. Me and the other one have made our own luck.

The later arrival of my brother and I coincided with some very hard times if you were in the north. As I say we made our own luck, and I am very proud of my eldest brother.

Hi EGGS well done mate I would be too mate he done well from what I've seen thanks Jon nice to no you and Mrs eggs to Jon

Grammar school didn't cost any more than a secondary modern, ie it was free, not a luxury. He just passed an 11 plus exam.