Vermeer SC30TX grinder

David Cropper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt want to step in when i first read this one, but hearing your disappointment here we go, i did look into this machine a long time ago, only good point, low ground pressure . bad points, to wide, to long, will not fold, engine underpowered , would work better on green teeth, rapid loss of power on wet ground or very fibrous wood. VERY POOR WORKING POSITION, my advice as its new and hopefully no one knows how bad these machines are yet, contact Dean at Global and trade it against a Jo Beau 31-110.

Hi Jesse. Too late mate ,I've committed myself to the new one, all available cash gone. I transferred money from UK at a good exchange rate over to France, got a part ex from the local dealer and a decent price to buy the Vermeer covering the VAT as well. I looked at Dean's selection especially the JO Beau but were just too expensive with VAT for me to get. Can't get credit from UK companies as resident in France. If I sent it over to UK to sell I would end up out of pocket plus having to wait without a working machine. It's a case of cracking on with it. Who knows it may suit me, it bleeding well better suit me!

Hi Stu and Mick. The French clients that I have worked for have all excepted my quotes, no problem, it's getting the clients in the first place. I get passed a few from Darren of VTS and a couple of other lads I work with, plus pick a few up from word of mouth but my main client base is Brits and Dutch.

I speak decent French having hunted with a pack of Harriers for 6 years, being the only Brit in the pack made sure I had to learn and fast, so the language doesn't hold me back.

Does it have "Auto Sweep"??

When I first got my 252 I was very disappointed, but then I disconnected the "Auto Sweep" this transformed the machine, takes more skill and effort to use, but massively increases production, IME.

Glad I looked at this thred as was tempted to give chris

guill a call and go look at the 2nd hand 1 he is selling not far from me.

Think I'll hang on for now and see what ells comes up.

What u after another grinder john?