• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

How many Brits have went to fight for ISIS in Syria? About 700 now? You really think a "toe punt to the balls" will stop them?

Think Mr Squirrel was referring to the terrorist attack on Glasgow Airport where Smeeto "set about them" they've not been back yet.:001_tongue:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you concerned that ISIS are going to immigrate to the UK and start beheading here? Here in Scotland we have a pretty straight forward approach to these things, a toe punt to the balls put a swift stop to that sort of behaviour. I think if Farage had his way we'd be lynching them as soon as they stepped off the plane...

The jeans, washing machine, new car... they're all made outside of the UK because of cheap labour costs. No secret there. But do you really think their labour costs are so low because their healthcare, pensions, benefits and rent are so cheap? Of course not, they probably don't have any. All I'm saying is the comfortable lifestyle we take for granted comes at the cost of other peoples well being. We're all guilty of it, but what right do we have to deny them entry to a country they undoubtedly support? They practically are the UK's lower/working class...

Perhaps if more people were willing to pay a reasonable price for all of these imported goods there would actually be money in these countries. Then foreign doctors/nurses/engineers might be able to pay for the education they've received without moving half way around the world to a wet, cold island with an ever increasing air of hostility towards them... I mean, does that actually sound like an enjoyable experience?

Just my 2 pence...

What utter claptrap!!!!! IMO :001_rolleyes:

If people wanted to pay more for goods they would buy stuff made in the UK, these other countries produce things at the prices they do in order to undercut our own manufactures.

Matelot, while I don't think it's our responsibility to improve everyone's quality of life, I do think it's our responsibility to ensure that the way we live our lives doesn't negatively impact others.

Plus to put one fact rather than fiction about colonialism, we left a legacy of systems of stable government yet all the lefties do is keep apologising for it. :001_rolleyes:

There are certainly well functioning former British colonies, there's no doubt about it. However there're plenty of others which are anything but stable, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Sudan to name a few... Hardly places you'd take the kids on holiday. Not to mention the persecution, abuse and enslavement of native populations going back centuries...

What utter claptrap!!!!! IMO :001_rolleyes:

If people wanted to pay more for goods they would buy stuff made in the UK, these other countries produce things at the prices they do in order to undercut our own manufactures.

Do you really think the chappy working in an iphone factory living in a city so polluted breathing is a struggle, or the woman sewing sparkly Primark dresses for pennies a day really care about undercutting our manufacturers? I'm pretty certain they're just taking what their given, rather than starve... :001_rolleyes:

That is obviously the logical step though, if places like China/India were paying British wages then retail prices would be higher and we'd more likely manufacture these goods in the UK/EU. However they don't, and we don't want to pay double the money for a pair of jeans just because whoever made them had to suffer less.

I'm straying from the point I was making now, and I'm not trying to get all hippy up in here; but I do firmly believe that all this immigration talk is incredibly insular and ignoring some pretty stark realities...

My two pence... Over and out.

no,have you, you lost the vote move on,or you may end on it ,:001_smile:

We may have lost the Battle but we haven't lost the war, better get your self ready for us nats to hold your feet to the fire , we are watching you we've made it our business to watch you.

We may have lost the Battle but we haven't lost the war, better get your self ready for us nats to hold your feet to the fire , we are watching you we've made it our business to watch you.

How about just getting on with your life (I mean everyone when I say that) because in reality whoever gets in wont make a deal of difference in practice it will be same **** different government. I will vote but after that I won't pay much attention because they are all as bad as each other

So far I have not made my mind up. Locally no one as convinced me that they deserve my vote. Often I have not voted in a General Election as no candidate fills me with confidence that they could both do their best for the locals as well as looking after our national interests. I don't like the fact that I have no method of legitimately declaring this on the ballot paper. Hence I am often listed with the can't be bothered masses.

I find this threads vote interesting as two of the party options I can't vote for and I have other candidate options are not listed. So as with the General Election this vote is rigged in favour to what people perceive is available.

For me I want to see a valid abstention / none of the above option on the ballet paper. The more people that then use this, the more the local candidates and national parties will shift their from saying people can't be bothered excuse to one that actually considers what people might want.

Well for your sake I hope you like what you see, if not, get used to it!:001_rolleyes::biggrin: