• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read through a great deal of this thread, but I'm really, really amazed at the amount of Tory/UKIP support... For me SNP are the only ones that make much sense. I think this piece I read sums it up quite nicely;

"There in lies the paradox. The Scots still want to try to live with in the UK for now. Therefore the SNP are fighting this British GE on policies of fairness that try to stop the sins of the rich (the bankers that caused the financial crash of 2007) falling on the poorest members of society via austerity measures. They also do it expecting to participate in the government of the country. For the unionists to turn around and cry foul at the prospect is very poor judgement in my opinion, one which hasten the end of the UK. Meantime whilsts they are digging holes for the beloved union, the SNP are trying to make things better for people al around the country. From abolishing the HoL , to electoral reform and an ending of trident, the SNP are ironically pushing for a reformed , federal UK that might survive. Real-politiks as they used to say."

One of the major things being discussed in this election which really gets on my nerves is the matter of immigration... As a nation with a particularly ruthless, bloody colonial history, how can we turn around and tell these people, 'you can't come in'? When it's our culture and consumerism that makes their lives utter misery, what right do we have to refuse them entry to the nation they've catered to?

Nigel Farage' incessant condemning of immigrants, and David Camerons commitments to an EU referendum and tighter immigration controls are quite frankly shameful in my opinion...

One of the major things being discussed in this election which really gets on my nerves is the matter of immigration... As a nation with a particularly ruthless, bloody colonial history, how can we turn around and tell these people, 'you can't come in'? When it's our culture and consumerism that makes their lives utter misery, what right do we have to refuse them entry to the nation they've catered to?

sorry, but why does it make other countries miserable when I go out and buy a pair of jeans and a washing machine? Are Islamic State beheading people because people in the West fancy a new car every couple of years?

perhaps if we never imported nurses/ doctors/ engineers from the third world these places would be a bit happier.... I saw a programme on the telly that said 85% of Jamaican graduates emigrated....

sorry, but why does it make other countries miserable when I go out and buy a pair of jeans and a washing machine? Are Islamic State beheading people because people in the West fancy a new car every couple of years?

perhaps if we never imported nurses/ doctors/ engineers from the third world these places would be a bit happier.... I saw a programme on the telly that said 85% of Jamaican graduates emigrated....

Are you concerned that ISIS are going to immigrate to the UK and start beheading here? Here in Scotland we have a pretty straight forward approach to these things, a toe punt to the balls put a swift stop to that sort of behaviour. I think if Farage had his way we'd be lynching them as soon as they stepped off the plane...

The jeans, washing machine, new car... they're all made outside of the UK because of cheap labour costs. No secret there. But do you really think their labour costs are so low because their healthcare, pensions, benefits and rent are so cheap? Of course not, they probably don't have any. All I'm saying is the comfortable lifestyle we take for granted comes at the cost of other peoples well being. We're all guilty of it, but what right do we have to deny them entry to a country they undoubtedly support? They practically are the UK's lower/working class...

Perhaps if more people were willing to pay a reasonable price for all of these imported goods there would actually be money in these countries. Then foreign doctors/nurses/engineers might be able to pay for the education they've received without moving half way around the world to a wet, cold island with an ever increasing air of hostility towards them... I mean, does that actually sound like an enjoyable experience?

Just my 2 pence...

Haven't read through a great deal of this thread, but I'm really, really amazed at the amount of Tory/UKIP support... For me SNP are the only ones that make much sense. I think this piece I read sums it up quite nicely;

"There in lies the paradox. The Scots still want to try to live with in the UK for now. Therefore the SNP are fighting this British GE on policies of fairness that try to stop the sins of the rich (the bankers that caused the financial crash of 2007) falling on the poorest members of society via austerity measures. They also do it expecting to participate in the government of the country. For the unionists to turn around and cry foul at the prospect is very poor judgement in my opinion, one which hasten the end of the UK. Meantime whilsts they are digging holes for the beloved union, the SNP are trying to make things better for people al around the country. From abolishing the HoL , to electoral reform and an ending of trident, the SNP are ironically pushing for a reformed , federal UK that might survive. Real-politiks as they used to say."

Nigel Farage' incessant condemning of immigrants, and David Camerons commitments to an EU referendum and tighter immigration controls are quite frankly shameful in my opinion...

:thumbup: Completely agree

That would be the Royal Mint ( another labour privatised institution)

The Royal Mint is the manufacturer, government owned as far as I'm aware:confused1: The Bank of England calls the shots. They've 'printed' £375 billion as of september 2014. Thats a debt the UK taxpayer will have to pay back at some point and is been required to bail out the bankers that caused the global crisis in 2008. All the time George Osbourne has been imposing austerity to reduce the deficit hes been increasing the national debt through QE.

Well I know where I'll file that one. :biggrin:

bin.jpg.827f5d2484b30c8c3a06939356b65f76.jpg

Are you concerned that ISIS are going to immigrate to the UK and start beheading here? Here in Scotland we have a pretty straight forward approach to these things, a toe punt to the balls put a swift stop to that sort of behaviour. I think if Farage had his way we'd be lynching them as soon as they stepped off the plane...

The jeans, washing machine, new car... they're all made outside of the UK because of cheap labour costs. No secret there. But do you really think their labour costs are so low because their healthcare, pensions, benefits and rent are so cheap? Of course not, they probably don't have any. All I'm saying is the comfortable lifestyle we take for granted comes at the cost of other peoples well being. We're all guilty of it, but what right do we have to deny them entry to a country they undoubtedly support? They practically are the UK's lower/working class...

Perhaps if more people were willing to pay a reasonable price for all of these imported goods there would actually be money in these countries. Then foreign doctors/nurses/engineers might be able to pay for the education they've received without moving half way around the world to a wet, cold island with an ever increasing air of hostility towards them... I mean, does that actually sound like an enjoyable experience?

Just my 2 pence...

How many Brits have went to fight for ISIS in Syria? About 700 now? You really think a "toe punt to the balls" will stop them? We've already had one beheading in London, it's more than likely it will happen again..... I personally find it terrifying that so many Brits identify with a regime that burns people alive and sells girls into slavery...

Living standards used to be crap in Britain as well. Is it not up to the populations of other countries to try and improve their living conditions? Why should British people have their benefits cut so that foreigners can come to this country and get free housing/ benefits etc? Do you not think the standard of living would improve in a lot of countries if they stopped slaughtering each other? Or is it somehow britains fault that there is always a civil war in Africa?

How many Brits have went to fight for ISIS in Syria? About 700 now? You really think a "toe punt to the balls" will stop them? We've already had one beheading in London, it's more than likely it will happen again..... I personally find it terrifying that so many Brits identify with a regime that burns people alive and sells girls into slavery...

Living standards used to be crap in Britain as well. Is it not up to the populations of other countries to try and improve their living conditions? Why should British people have their benefits cut so that foreigners can come to this country and get free housing/ benefits etc? Do you not think the standard of living would improve in a lot of countries if they stopped slaughtering each other? Or is it somehow britains fault that there is always a civil war in Africa?

Plus to put one fact rather than fiction about colonialism, we left a legacy of systems of stable government yet all the lefties do is keep apologising for it. :001_rolleyes: