• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that in mind, vote for who you want, even if you don't want to.

Brave men have died to to give you that right, and we should never forget that.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I am in favour of compulsory turnout to the voting station as happens apparently in 22 countries.

Compulsory voting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You do not have to vote when you turn up and you can write something rude (spoil) the ballot slip, but at least you have turned up to respect all those who have died as you have pointed out Mark.

My other issue with the system here is that there is a number on the back of my voting slip which links to a number on the recorder's slip.

When I challenge them about this they always say that the ballots slips are locked away from the counterfoils and kept in a safe place but this is all only probably ok in a rural community like my one.

I point out that I could come in last thing in the evening when they are about to close with half a dozen of my big strong logger friends and take away both the ballot boxes and the other papers and there are generally only two old ladies who are going to stop me

Ah you say, in that case there would need to be another local voting session, but the point is I would now have information on how everyone voted and would be able to intimidate.

Not many of you on this forum would be intimidated by me I must admit, but now think of an inner city where a religious extremist preacher may have a congregation of several thousand. He could wave his finger and threaten and tell them all that he can find out how they voted, so they had better do as he suggests or else.

The postal voting system is abused and needs a complete overhaul as well.

This country is near the exploding point with foreigners, immigrants, different religions in our schools, kids eating halal????? It's a disgrace!!! Something needs to happen!! If you you disagree!! Well I suppose ignorance is bliss!!!!!!

UKIP is sadly, a party of the far right that thrives on fear and ignorance. Its shameful.:thumbdown:

I will be voting for this man.

I will be adding his name to the list on the ballot paper and putting my X in that box.

Common sense.

"Alex Salmond should be made the first minister of Norwich, so he can feel what being ignored by the rest of the country is really like"

:lol: Outstanding!

Gordon told us he had defeated "Boom and Bust" while living through the biggest "Boom" we have ever known:001_rolleyes: He failed the fix the roof while the sun was shining.

In my opinion Labour are a joke, god help us if they do get in.

Agree 100%!

The amount of revenue coming in during those years and labour squandered it and more. Remember the note that a Labour minister left on his desk as he left "there's no money left, good luck", says it all really.

People seem to have very short memories.

Agree 100%!

The amount of revenue coming in during those years and labour squandered it and more. Remember the note that a Labour minister left on his desk as he left "there's no money left, good luck", says it all really.

People seem to have very short memories.

Very true, they also quickly forget how long its taken to straighten out the errors of spendthrift administration. If anyone here really thinks that some of these other parties above on here are capable of delivering a fraction of their pre election promises they are deluded. Take from the working industrious rich and give to the poor via a tax reshuffle, some need reminding how easy it is to be elsewhere.

Bob

Farage is the only politician that understands the concerns of the man on the street.

to be frank, it's unbelievable that British people struggle to get some medical treatments while we give foreigners HIV treatment.

The main thing British politicians should do is look after the interests of British people... most of them seem hell bent on giving free housing/benefits/healthcare to people that have nothing to do with this country.