• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

If one of the two main parties was truly better than the other wouldn't we have a stable government for 50 years or more. The fact that we flit between the two every 8 years or so says a lot about them and the 'grass is always greener'/ this party will make me wealthier mentality of us voters.

It's not going to happen for some time, but I would like to see one of the smaller parties have a go. Preferably one with a long term vision and less fixation on financial prosperity.

I guess this makes me a Green as I'd rather chip my own testicles than vote UKIP!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farage is the only politician that understands the concerns of the man on the street.

to be frank, it's unbelievable that British people struggle to get some medical treatments while we give foreigners HIV treatment.

The main thing British politicians should do is look after the interests of British people... most of them seem hell bent on giving free housing/benefits/healthcare to people that have nothing to do with this country.

Rich, coming from a French sailor. Zut alors ducky!

If one of the two main parties was truly better than the other wouldn't we have a stable government for 50 years or more. The fact that we flit between the two every 8 years or so says a lot about them and the 'grass is always greener'/ this party will make me wealthier mentality of us voters.

It's not going to happen for some time, but I would like to see one of the smaller parties have a go. Preferably one with a long term vision and less fixation on financial prosperity.

I guess this makes me a Green as I'd rather chip my own testicles than vote UKIP!

Almost completely agree Mr Idiot, but its important to remember that democracy relies on change for its effectiveness.

Almost completely agree Mr Idiot, but its important to remember that democracy relies on change for its effectiveness.

It would still be democratic. Elections every 4 years, but if one party was doing a particularly decent job they would stay in.

A bit simplistic I know, but there's got to be some logic in there somewhere?

It would still be democratic. Elections every 4 years, but if one party was doing a particularly decent job they would stay in.

A bit simplistic I know, but there's got to be some logic in there somewhere?

You mean like Mrs T's or Mr B's three terms???

It does happen.

You mean like Mrs T's or Mr B's three terms???

It does happen.

Mrs T sorted the debacle of the previous Labour Government and did some good....and some bad stuff but generally the country needed a damn good shake up.

Mr B purchased votes by giving the countrys wealth to the people most likely to vote Labour - great plan until the money ran out:sneaky2::blushing:

I was thinking more like 10 or 20 terms. It would only occur if the public were genuinely happy.

But that would represent an oligarchy, a tyranny or a monarchy!The ancient Greeks experimented with those and settled on Democracy. Western political philosophycould certainly benefit from some fresh though, thinking thats for sure.