My accident

sean

I've just got a great image of the night staff taking bets as to who can p. you off the most.

First nurse. "I'll go and ask him about tomorrows supper, that'll really annoy him"

Second nurse "That's nothing, I'm going in with the suppositories"

Put a smile on my face 😁😁

Not a great day today beginning around 4.30 am being hassled to make a decision as to what I wanted for dinner the following evening wtf?

After finally falling back to sleep I was again woken at 6 for some lovely dawn suppository insertion. after which was informed that " I will be back in half an hour, to get it all out".

I'll spare you the details but rest assured it was an occasion where I was glad I have no feeling below the waste!.... If you get my drift.

And so to lunch.... Cottage pie and vegetables. Ummmmmm you can complain about cut backs and lack of money as an excuse for shite food in hospitals as much as you like ( which for the record is rubbish) but there is no excuse at all for boiling broccoli for at least 50 minutes until it resembles some sort of aquatic life form found at the bottom of a putrid lake. Lack of cash? You just wasted half the kitchen budget on gas cooking it !

After consuming a jam roly poly that contained quantities of jam on a molecular level a nurse then rushed in, in a panic asking if I had eaten my dinner. Resisting the urge to to answer " are you flickin jokin" she informed me that I should be on nil by mouth as I was having a scan. I'd eaten the pud anyway so told them the scan would have to be cancelled which was then overturned because it was all the wrong info anyway. A right Carry On? You bet missus.

Anyway on a serious note the results of the scan we're not good. It was initiated because I have been finding breathing difficult. Consequently they have found two large blood clots on my lungs. In no time at all I was being pumped with blood thinning drugs which will continue for up to a year now! It also means I have to get a lot better before embarking on rehab.

It has knocked my spirits somewhat today and I am completely worn out but am still feeling the love from you lot. It hits me from time to time just what has happened and it obviously depresses me but Susi has been a rock and together we will get there. I also put myself in the hospital beds of many many people who are laying in a far worse state than I am, in many cases with bombs exploding in the street outside. I know I am lucky and I know I can once again live a happy fulfilling life but I also know there will be plenty of bad days. I'm not ashamed to cry and let it all out and feel much better for doing so.

Onwards and upwards

Love you all and thank everyone of you for your continued support. Peace :001_smile:

Foods crap doesn't make sense you would think they would want to build you up not give you over cooked dross.

Hope you have a better start to your day tomorrow

Are there any pretty nurses I must say bch had a very high standard :lol:

Hi Sean just read your story, the fact you've made it this far says enough you must be so strong, stay positive! I work with my brother and dad doing tree surgery so the thought of an accident terrifies me with a crew made of my family, also not taking any sides but the guy that commented on the nurses maybe he had his own reasons for making that comment maybe someone dear to him is a nurse, or a friend in that department, not fair to make

Assumptions if they didn't care wouldn't have taken time to write comment!

Hi Sean just read your story, the fact you've made it this far says enough you must be so strong, stay positive! I work with my brother and dad doing tree surgery so the thought of an accident terrifies me with a crew made of my family, also not taking any sides but the guy that commented on the nurses maybe he had his own reasons for making that comment maybe someone dear to him is a nurse, or a friend in that department, not fair to make

Assumptions if they didn't care wouldn't have taken time to write comment!

Hardly the right time and place though.

Over reaction to a tongue in cheek comment

I think the old saying if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all springs to mind.

Sean,yours is a very touching post again, it is beyond comprehension what you are going through, and in these early days you have not had time to adapt to your situation, which will be constantly changing, it must be so frightening & depressing for all of you.

Your incredible strength of mind will see you through, concentrate on maintaining it, it is one thing you have control of for the moment.

I spent a couple of weeks in hospital with some broken ribs after a fall a few years back Sean. It's strange how important the food is, it's quite boring in there (obviously!) and the meals break it up somehow. When it's horrible or over cooked it does annoy.Get your wife to prepare something nice.