Crap in your eye ....

Stubby

Seriously mate, I feel your pain.

Is the ointment chloramphenicol?

I had to drive round with shades on for days when I was unfortunate enough to be on that.

Funny things, eyes.

You only get one chance.

Hope it's quickly sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks for feeling my pain mate :001_smile: . Yep its that ointment . Got the shades on . Hope I can watch the rugby this weekend ! Its a job looking at this screen to be honest . Godda man up I suppose :biggrin:

Yep been there as well very common in our work, dead elm saw dust is bad and really scratches your eye. Worst one I had was when my son was a baby and he accidentally scratched my eye ball with his finger nail. That hurt for days. Hope it heals soon.

Had something in my eye years ago, gave me grief for a couple of days after even tho I got it out straight away. Doctor told me I had conjunctivitis used cream for a week still the same doctor then gave me a different cream and sent me packing. That was no use either, doctor referred me to eye casualty where I have been going back and forth for years now. My eye flairs up if I am run down or very busy, got to put steroid drops and cream in my eye to calm it down, I also take two tablets every day.

I got scarring across my pupil so bad vision out of left eye I can have a cornea transplant to try and improve vision, decided against this at the minute.

If you think your eye is bad go straight to a and e get it sorted as you don't want the crap I go through with my eye guys trust me.

After 30 years of getting grindings and dirt in my eyes I know buy those proper expensive orange goggles from screw fix£14 . If I work under vehicle I wear the open spec type goggles. My eyes have been dug around too much and suffer infections to easy now. I always wash out if I get dirt in them even tap water is better than doing nothing. I am about to try sustain eye lubricant expensive but good reviews. Look after your eyes and put some thought and money into the right ppe.

Been loads of times when I've been cutting, pruning etc when bit o something has gone into the eye, so now it's a rule( simply coz lose an eye its game over) get out the van to work, goggles or safety specs on. Bought these and apart from owt else buzz buzz.Arcone G-Fly-A1101 The Fly Safety Goggles, they sure do get a second look.

image.jpg.e9769af4ef7730f13bd02a31d3ebb982.jpg

Edited by Gardenmac

Almost always wear safety specs when working nowadays, a doctor once told me that out of all the organs in the body,the eye deteriorates quickest after injury.

The last time i had a scare,a sprig of brushwood swished up and laced into my eye,which immediately filled with blood,and i realy thought i'd lost it,but it did heal eventually with lots of medication.

Had a spark go through my goggles air vent and weld its self to my eye, could see it but not shift it. Trip to the eye infirmary which was not a pleasant experience.

My sympathy Stubby, seems unfair to be caught when asleep. Hope it heals soon.

PS don't ever get cellulose thinners or paint in your eye, smarts like you wouldn't believe.