Law on chainsaws

A Pettersen-Firewood&Chip

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't agree more there is a gardener/nutter called the eager beaver who lives near me and I repeatedly see him hanging off a ladder with his top handle saw from god knows where, repeatedly butchering trees it's winds me up a treat. What I'm trying to say is yes 100% it needs to be harder for dicks to get pro arb gear. Mind you it wouldn't stop him!!!!

Why? The harder you try to restrict equipment availability, the more determined they are to get it!

As for butchering trees, that's what the owner wants, it's down to education at the end of the day, 95% of people can't identify 10 species of native tree, let alone what's best for the tree.

There's no such thing as a chainsaw ' licence ' There is a certificate of competence, for different skills. Having a certificate does not necessarily imply appropriate experience. I know folk who have used a saw for 30 years. They are very competent, but don't have a ticket.

I know plenty of people with a ticket, and very little competence. Cheers.

I couldn't agree more there is a gardener/nutter called the eager beaver who lives near me and I repeatedly see him hanging off a ladder with his top handle saw from god knows where, repeatedly butchering trees it's winds me up a treat. What I'm trying to say is yes 100% it needs to be harder for dicks to get pro arb gear. Mind you it wouldn't stop him!!!!

Ha ha your not the only one whose seen him swinging a saw round no PPE etc

The Eager Beaver? is that the same guy who used to call himself The Arbor Barber? think it might be, Mark Bolam is his real name, he's a member here.

here's the solution, members of the public and cowboys should only be allowed to buy this chainsaw tool and if they can't do any woodcutting or tree surgery with it then that's their problem -

do you still have my bike? bring that and ET for this reduction job :biggrin: