Useless Stihl flippy cap leakes then broke

NFG

the husky flip caps aren't much better.....

why change the simple screw cap when it just works and won't break?

pointless really!

ian

I tend to agree with this although I thought the new Husky flip caps were still the same screw in thread ( as opposed to Stihl 1/4 turn ) just with a flippy bit to screw it ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely not a fan of Stihl flippy caps. 20 years of caps working fine, then Stihl introduced the flippies and they have failed more often than I can count. The best part is when flippy groupies try to tell you it is your fault and not the cap.

I find if they leak it's normally user error .:D:thumbup:

All,

Today I filled my MS250 before work, shortly afterwards I noticed fuel leaking from nasty horrible flippy filler cap.

Checked the seal was clean, re-seated it carefully, still leaked

repeat above & the wretched thing snapped off despite not applying much force.

My saw is now useless until I obtain a new one & Im far from happy with this appalling crappy design. Going to get rid of saw & replace with one that has screw in bungs in the not too distant future.

Anyone from Stihl reading this, I hate this type of useless 'innovation' that overcomes problems that dont exist, how is it you have the gall to manufacture something so poor?

N

HI NFG they can be a night mere mate I THINK THE HUSKY ONES ARE FAR BETTER THANKS JON :thumbup:

I think it has to be, I've had and have a lot of saws with them fitted and not had one single issue with any of them, I really do think they are great and an huge improvement, I have a 66 without the caps and every one thinks its a real pain needing a screw driver to open the caps:thumbdown:

HI NFG they can be a night mere mate I THINK THE HUSKY ONES ARE FAR BETTER THANKS JON :thumbup:

Hi Jon,

Probably but what is wrong with screw in bung? never had one of them gone wrong.

I wish I could meet the designer so I could give them a well aimed kick in the fork hopefully preventing any future reproduction as that sort of design nonsense needs eliminating by every possible means.

Theres a Husky 135 going for 199 euros in our local dealer & Im very tempted as I could get decent money on Leboncoin Site de petites annonces gratuites d'occasion - leboncoin.fr or in Arbtrader as its been well cared for & I have both 14 & 18" b&c as well.

N

So, yours leak, too? I am so surprised. And here you are blaming the user and not the tool. That's cool... except...

My non screw caps never leaked. Regardless of who used the saw.

I've never had a cap fail on me before. Nor did countless other professionals. It is frustrating because this is marketing at its best. You have been sold something you absolutely do not need, and worse yet, it makes the machine less reliable and requires more maintenance. The groupies have already learned to tolerate a prone-to-fail part that requires more maintenance as a feature. It is madness that some think this makes any sense at all. It is amazing how powerful marketing can be.

So, yours leak, too? I am so surprised. And here you are blaming the user and not the tool. That's cool... except...

I've never had a cap fail on me before. Nor did countless other professionals. It is frustrating because this is marketing at its best. You have been sold something you absolutely do not need, and worse yet, it makes the machine less reliable and requires more maintenance. The groupies have already learned to tolerate a prone-to-fail part that requires more maintenance as a feature. It is madness that some think this makes any sense at all. It is amazing how powerful marketing can be.

Yes ! I drop oil all over the place sometimes , I have one waterproof boot because of it.

I don't mind them really.

Utter rubbish, IME!!!!!!

I had far more problems with the old screw caps, and needing a tool at hand in order to simply fuel a saw was ridiculous, the new caps have addressed and solved that very problem and they do it very, very well :thumbup1: