EU court rules fatness now officially a disability

Wood wasp

Seriously Ty, do you find you notice less obesity in France?

They love their grub, but seem to eat far less crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

An example would be lorry drivers.

In the U.K, they are often obese.

Here in France, that is far rarer and you find more female drivers too.

At midday, workers of all trades stop and go eat in a routier restaurant.

(except for British tree surgeons who stubbornly cling onto their sandwiches/flask/transit cab tradition)

WE however, sit down for an hour in the warm for a balanced 4 course meal.

Plus, it is tax deductable!

Ty

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really enjoyed "Le Routier" eating when travelling in France, sit down, not infrequently at a trestle table, and simply eat (and drink!) what is put in front of one, more often a sensible cassorale or stew type dish.

Country food like wot I were reared on!

PS

Mildly amused to watch the French truckers tucking into icecream lollies, which were the "dessert" in one (admittedly, low priced) establishment, after a deeply satisyfing plain meaty main course, with unlimited wine.

This "metabolism" business is a complete myth, the the obese actually have faster metabolisms then the slim.

Any one who thinks that they can beat physics and their body can become fat without over eating are kidding themselves.

How many fat people came out of Belsen saying "I've been living on a cup of rice a day and not lost a pound!" ???:sneaky2:

:thumbup: my ex farther in law used too say "the trouble with fat people is the top hole is bigger than the bottom hole". .......

Seriously Ty, do you find you notice less obesity in France?

They love their grub, but seem to eat far less crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

That's the thing. You can eat as much steak, eggs and salad as you like without getting fat. Add bread, sugar and beer to that list and things go downhill quickly.

The Paleo thread hasn't been updated for ages, shall we all check in? :001_cool:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/training-health/67369-paleo-diet-18.html

That's the thing. You can eat as much steak, eggs and salad as you like without getting fat. Add bread, sugar and beer to that list and things go downhill quickly.

The Paleo thread hasn't been updated for ages, shall we all check in? :001_cool:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/training-health/67369-paleo-diet-18.html

I've just red what you eat daily. I reckon you're fibbing about your weight, you must be a right porker!

I survive on beer, nicotine, red wine, bacon butties, and takeaway (pizza, Chinese, Indian and fish and chips - apparently a varied diet is good). I'm 10 stone, 5'8" and 28" waist.

I'll pay for my sins one day.

I've just red what you eat daily. I reckon you're fibbing about your weight, you must be a right porker!

I survive on beer, nicotine, red wine, bacon butties, and takeaway (pizza, Chinese, Indian and fish and chips - apparently a varied diet is good). I'm 10 stone, 5'8" and 28" waist.

I'll pay for my sins one day.

Muscle weighs more than fat :001_tongue:

32" waist here.

I'm carrying a little more fat than I'd like, but I will cut that off next year for summer.

What a joke, I agree some people physically cannot help being over weight so it's unfair to treat them unfairly. However the majority of fat buggers are that way on through over eating, eating shite and being bone idle! Just another case of people using the "discrimination" card to benefit themselves. I worked for the la a few years ago and 1 of the blokes there was so fat he couldn't get a strimer harness to fit, couldn't get on a ride on mower, couldn't litter pick so ended up driving the van to site then sitting there while everyone else did his job for him! Still see him coming out the chineese I a sat night with a huge box full of crap! Worlds gone daft.

Our ARB business is set up to help addicts turn their lives around....

Our "recovery" programme is free to enter but residents must work a realistic working week in one of our charitable businesses to fund their own recovery... Gaining work skills and more importantly a work ethic.

Only the very broken and desperate seem to grasp the opportunity..

Why??? Because we've created a national culture of "helplessness"

Habitual criminals and drug addicts are labeled "vulnerable adults" and no one is allowed to challenge them because they are "vulnerable" and it infringes their human rights (believe me, when I was a junkie I was anything BUT vulnerable, I was a menace.) So we pension them of with state sponsored methadone prescriptions, free flats and £280 per week disability living allowance... Tell them that they are sick or disabled with no hope and then create an industry around it...No wonder so few seek real change for their lives...... Why should they.?????

Huge respect to you for that. Is your Arb company anything to do with the guy that wrote the book "Wasted" Read it a couple of months ago. An extraordinary story, should be on all school's curriculum reading list.