Robust wet weather clothing for FORESTRY ?

cessna

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is tons of jackets but not many of the much needed over trousers.

no good your top half being dry if your piss wet through from the waist down!!

country covers do very good falkland waterproof trousers. but £100 for a pair but made for shooting and beating so will take the knocks

cut and climb jacket seems v good. Only had it since the APF so not too long but first impressions seem it to be tough-fighting, climbing through conifer- snag resistant and it does well when partially trapped in the landy door...:biggrin:

I have several waterproof jackets and pairs of trouswers. Always looking for something better without spending a fortune.

Currently using a Harkie jacket which is promising for really bad weather. No hood but I don't mind that because I have helmet on and use a 'cape' on the helmet anyway. High viz which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. They do a trouser for about £35 I have a pair but have yet to use them.

I do have a pair of wychwood trousers. Very basic design, fit over chainsaw pants well. So good me mates ask where I got them. (John Norris fishing shop bargain bucket a boy four years ago) not sure the ones I have are still made but worth keeping an eye open for.

HI LOGAN my ARCTERYX does not leak great jacket:thumbup1: and you do not sweat in it to :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

just looked that up jon, sounds good spec, do you know good place to buy where prices are not same as buying a chainsaw? Cheers, John.

Now the rain has set in I need to get kitted out with some very robust wet weather clothing for FORESTRY ,suggestions please? So much to choose from at APF,BUT BUT,which do you find is really water proof and ideally breathes. I do not care what it looks like I just need it to keep me dry. I know most of it makes us sweat from inside out,so we feel wet and cold when we stop.

You are asking for the impossible, fabrics that "breathe" can only get rid of moisture if there is somewhere for it to go.

If its raining and running down your coat, the outside moisture level is at saturation point so the vapour has no where to go and stays inside your jacket. Most breathable fabrics cant cope with the sweat levels that graft generated on a dry day.

You are going to be wet and cold from rain or wet and smelly from sweat.