The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

61..climbing most days..joints bit dodgy, but that comes from driving heavy lorries with no power steering and hand bulling many many many of tons of agricultural products lol, bit deaf from chainsaws, racing engines and rattling lorry cabs ( in my day they weren't decked out like the tarts boudoirs of today lol). Got a early middle aged groundie that can do the work of a gang of youfs. Employ my pal's son occasionally but like those of his ilk is a W**ker when it gets past 11 O'clock.

Newbie... Well officially eligible for the club today, don't feel it but there you have it! Off to the Boozer , suspect I might feel it in the morning😝

Happy 50th..... Hope it's a good one :)

Cheers ngt! Had a few scoops last night to celebrate, was doing work at a friends for mates rates, when we finished he popped a bottle of bubbly in my honor well chuffed!

Nice one. I'm 50 in a few weeks... Was just scanning the thread to see who's illustrious company I will be in :)

Well aving seen 57 this past weekend, came home from work, put the winch on the ould DB, scoffed a 1/2 bottle o wine wi me tae, an off up the Moss.

(i) Broke nothing!

(ii) Climbed a tree, (it was a heavy backleaner, & in danger of crushing me wee Oaks) I probably would not have done at 17, got the wire rope hauled up about 5m and yoked.

(iii) Routed winch rope round behind a sound fresh cut stump, to hold it down and get the pull angle right.

(iv) Pretensioned the winch rope to ease the tree back, knew I had judged it right as the gob was trying to close on the saw, gobbed er out to just past 1/2 way, paused, watched and studied, tree never stirred, snicked the ears, and put the felling cut in to leave a good 3 or 4" hinge. Tree still never stirred.

(v)Then back to the tractor & Winched her down, exactly as I had planned, and bang on target..

Textbook or not it worked.

Would I have done it when younger, hmmm?

I like to think it takes the ould dog for the hard road.:lol::lol:

Edited by difflock