Hedges.

woody paul

i have done a lot of reductions of all types of hedges. my fuji-robin (bought out by shindaiwa i think?) does the job up to stem diam 1", bigger than that my echo top handled works well enough, occasionally lost the chain, but i noticed it usually happens just after i start and go in over-enthusiastically. adjust technique and problem solved.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have all sorts of hedge trimmers and trimmer heads but when it gets to heavy theres only one tool we reach for, The brushcutter with a circ saw head. its fast, does great clean cuts and you get a good reach with one. Not so easy on the tops though but still doable.

chainsaws just make a mess of hedges, terrible ragged cuts which are not good arb practice IMHO.

We also use a little circular saw blade attachment on our echo power pruner.

heres part of one we are doing next week http://i.imgur.com/uRkxA.jpg

We have all sorts of hedge trimmers and trimmer heads but when it gets to heavy theres only one tool we reach for, The brushcutter with a circ saw head. its fast, does great clean cuts and you get a good reach with one. Not so easy on the tops though but still doable.

chainsaws just make a mess of hedges, terrible ragged cuts which are not good arb practice IMHO.

We also use a little circular saw blade attachment on our echo power pruner.

heres part of one we are doing next week http://i.imgur.com/uRkxA.jpg

Did some laurels last week which need lowering and used brush cutter did a good job but not easy or safe.

What will the 81R cut realistically?

We constantly get asked to 'take a bit more off' on mixed hedges and have to explain the scenario.

An hour doing the top with a hedgecutter, or a day with loppers, Silky and chainsaw. The price is obviously going to change. This is discussed when quoting, obviously.

That Granberg attachment looks interesting. Anyone used one?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

We constantly get asked to 'take a bit more off' on mixed hedges and have to explain the scenario.

An hour doing the top with a hedgecutter, or a day with loppers, Silky and chainsaw. The price is obviously going to change. This is discussed when quoting, obviously.

Exactly what will they cut all day long.

As aways Can you take more off.

And when you do it with loppers they turn round and say, My gardener could have done that thought you where just going to put a chain thingy though it.

That does look good, its got to help stop those very painful flicks to the back of your hand when cutting small dead conny brash in the top of the hedge :thumbup1: