Stein Products

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they be used on the ground?

As part of the RFU (see last post) there was a clause which we have to include:

Performance & Limitations of Use

This product has been tested in accordance with EN 17249:2004+A1:2007 for Class 1 performance (protection at linear chainsaw speeds up to 20 m/s) but under the 'Recommendation for Use' document issued by the Vertical group number CNB/P/10.155a. They are to be used for Tree Climbing Operations and Restricted use by competent, trained operators who confine them to off-ground work in trees. They are NOT FOR USE WITH HANDHELD CHAINSAWS ON THE GROUND.

This is very much like the clause associated with Top Handle Chainsaws.

The boots offer the same chainsaw protective elements as all other chainsaw boots, just excluding the Toe Cap.

+1 my point can they be used on the ground. i do not want a bulky pair of boots i want a lightweight waterproof pair of boots with chainsaw protection. i still await my PM. from stein.

for the price and lack of reply may go and buy something else

+1 my point can they be used on the ground. i do not want a bulky pair of boots i want a lightweight waterproof pair of boots with chainsaw protection. i still await my PM. from stein.

:confused1:

Nigel IS Stein!! (from our point of view)

The price is here in this thread, whats the problem?????????:confused1::confused1:

I just spoke to them in fb and replied within minutes bud. Thats where they stated the £190

Pricing:

STEIN Phantoms RRP £220.00 vat exempt

STEIN Werewolf RRP £190.00 vat exempt

Made in Italy by the same company as the Phantom & Krieger boots

Thanks nigel that explains a lot, phantoms my be 220rrp but I paid a lot less than that so whats the real price of the new boots going to be?

Thanks nigel that explains a lot, phantoms my be 220rrp but I paid a lot less than that so whats the real price of the new boots going to be?

When ever I get decent discount, the supplier generally wants me to keep the price to myself and it is normally the result of buy a lot of gear at once or from the same supplier over many years, I'm not sure asking on here like that is going to get you anywhere.

When ever I get decent discount, the supplier generally wants me to keep the price to myself and it is normally the result of buy a lot of gear at once or from the same supplier over many years, I'm not sure asking on here like that is going to get you anywhere.

Im not asking for a dealer discount, No one sells at RRP im asking roughly what the sale price is going to be, I would guess at 150 quid or there abouts with makes then pretty good value.